Industrial Athletic Trainer / Ergonomic Consultant - Devens, MA
- Shirley, MA
Early Intervention Specialist (Industrial Athletic Trainer)/Ergonomic Consultant
What's the role?
ATI Worksite Solutions (AWS) is a progressive provider of prevention focused-early intervention services, ergonomic and safety solutions and occupational medicine. Our ergonomic consulting services are geared to support our clients in implementing ergonomic management standards to keep workers safe. The Certified Early Intervention Specialist (CEIS)/Ergonomic Consultant position is a dynamic position that incorporates project development, project implementation, internal and external client relations, education and continuous improvement practices.
CEIS/Ergonomic Consultants are responsible for interfacing with office and industrial clients to establish deliverables based on a discovery process. CEIS/Ergonomic Consultants define projects and drive them to completion, exceeding client expectations in product and process. Deliverables may include ergonomic job risk analyses and solutions, office ergonomic assessments and training, functional task analysis development, post offer testing development and validation, preventative mobility and stretching programs, gap analyses and ergonomic program implementation.
Consultants are also expected promote early recognition of injuries and mitigation and an integrated model of onsite injury prevention. All Ergonomic Consultants are trained and certified as Early Intervention Specialists and are expected to provide these service. When providing onsite early intervention services, the CEIS/Ergonomic Consultants should focus on preventing injuries and helping workers achieve and maintain physical resilience through optimizing body mechanics and habits and by mitigating both ergonomic risks and intrinsic biomechanical risks.
As an integral part of the AWS team, the CEIS/Ergonomics Consultant will be asked to take ownership of his/her responsibilities while always looking for ways to improve the product that we deliver to our clients. The secret to success at AWS is to exceed client expectations by providing the highest quality of service in a friendly and encouraging environment; CEIS/Ergonomic Consultants set the tone for that delivery during client interactions. Our core values of quality of care, teamwork, communication, and the friendly factor show in your attitude and day to day interactions with everyone you encounter.
Your purpose at AWS:
To drive the ATI way through all of your interactions during interactions with employers and internal AWS staff. Through a culture of engagement and empowerment, you will help to ensure that everyone (from client staff, to AWS team members who are learning from you, to leadership) is striving towards discovering and meeting client needs. You are a resource to all who you encounter.
What's cool about this job?
- You will be part of a team whose members wake up every morning to make other peoples' lives better.
- The CEIS/Ergonomic Consultant position allows for an immense impact across AWS by potentially interfacing with multiple clients, business development, AWS leadership and AWS providers.
- You will join the most effective Early Intervention Program in the world while learning skills that will help your personal and professional growth.
- As a unique provider in ergonomics within AWS, you will provide guidance to less experienced team members.
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for a high level of communication
- Excellent organizational and tracking skills, with the ability to self-discipline and self-motivate
- The ability to prioritize projects, ensuring consistent progress and balance with Preventative Early Intervention efforts
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with everyone you interact with, from entry level associates to plant managers to internal leadership
- The ability to act in the role of CEIS
- The ability to clarify complex topics for others to drive communication to a needed conclusion for project development
- The ability to identify appropriate ergonomic solutions that will benefit clients in risk reduction within budgetary constraints
- The ability to identify and recommend workstation changes to reduce minor reports of discomfort and related functional limitations to maintain employee performance
- The ability to identify obstacles to projects and communicate clear solutions in order for a project to progress
- The ability to manage and proactively use available resources to include time, travel, peer expertise, basic industrial ergonomic tools
- The ability to develop Power Point™ presentations specific to client needs
- The ability to speak in front of groups (2+) for the purpose of presentation of ergonomic ideas, ergonomic prevention education, and/or service delivery education
- The ability to develop and coordinates the delivery of ergonomic and safety classes
- The ability to collect and document on-site data for report and solution development for various ergonomic projects
- The ability to provide internal mentorship on ergonomic solutions to Early Intervention Specialists supporting clients
- The ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers
- Excellent computer skills, as well as strong organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate enthusiasm, compassion, and the friendly factor to make the day of our internal and external clients
- Potential for required travel
- The ability to document and write reports efficiently and completely, with a strong ability to integrate feedback for continuous improvement
- The willingness to expand your ergonomic expertise proactively though on-going education and training
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit throughout entire assigned shift
- All staff must be age 18 or over to be eligible for employment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training, Nursing or applicable Allied Health Profession
- Licensure is associated allied health profession in primary state
- Certification: CPE desired, or interest in pursuing
- CPR Certification
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel/ Power Point)
- Experience working on collaborative teams
- A basic knowledge of workers' compensation and OSHA regulations, preferred
Back to top