Authorization Specialist - CIV
Basic Summary of Position:
Responsible for verifying and obtaining authorizations as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients. Coordinates with the Central Insurance Verification Team and clinic locations to obtain needed information and provides timely communication to the clinic and treating clinician regarding lapses or denials for authorization. Organization and multi-tasking are essential skills in this position.
1. Obtain pre-certification and/or authorization as required by insurance plans in a timely manner.
2. Obtain authorizations from Adjustors and/or Nurse Case Managers for Workers Compensation Claims.
Update payer selection as appropriate for Workers Compensation Claims in the practice management system.
3. Communicate effectively and in a timely fashion with the clinic location & treating clinician as necessary.
4. Fax required forms, completed evaluation, progress & daily notes as needed to secure initial and on-going authorization of services.
5. Monitor the appropriate reports and obtain for continued authorization as required in a timely manner.
6. Perform the required documentation into the appropriate ATI systems accurately and completely.
7. Effectively communicate with the Patient Account Specialist team to resolve authorization issues.
8. Scan all required documents to EMR in a timely fashion.
9. Work all related queues to ensure QA errors are cleared and work is completed within the designated
10. Maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
11. Comply with ATI standards of operations
12. Adhere to the Core Values of the Company
1. Assist the Central Insurance Verification and Central Referral Intake Teams as requested during peak
2. Support conversion and integration activity as needed.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School Diploma
• Associates Degree preferred AND
• At least 1 years of healthcare/health insurance experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Action oriented;
• Attention to detail
• Integrity and trust;
• Priority setting;
• Problem solving;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making;
• Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Strong customer orientation;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Strong team player; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: None
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities. Overtime to be approved by
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. Other details
- Job Family Rev Cycle
- Job Function CIV
- Pay Type Hourly
Back to top