At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
WHY WE NEED YOU: Our Tax Department continues to grow in number and in volume of work, and we need an excited Staff to help us kick off busy season.
WHO ARE YOU? You're an Accounting grad who has a plan in place (or in process) to get your Texas CPA and who has worked in Tax for at least one busy season. You're interested in joining a mid-size firm where you can begin your career and develop your skills while serving our fantastic clients.
At the staff level, an individual is expected to become familiar with the Firm's policies and procedures; understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA; possess an understanding of pertinent IRC sections and regulations; and obtain a working knowledge of research techniques and the various research sources available to the Firm. Most assignments will involve the preparation of tax returns and will therefore be compliance oriented.
- Become proficient in preparing basic returns: Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, Individual, Estate & Gift Tax, and Not for Profit through the proper preparation and organization of work papers.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of tax return due dates, estimated tax rates, and estimated tax requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to use various sources of reference material available to answer procedural tax questions and to research IRS notices, including: BNA, PPC, CCH, and other on-line resources.
- Possess the ability to prepare written responses to IRS notices, simple amended returns, and tax projections.
- Demonstrate the ability to request routine information from clients through the use of email, correspondence, and telephone conversations when preparing personal tax returns.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of computerized in-house software platforms for the electronic preparation of tax returns, in a paper-less environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to use QuickBooks to prepare journal entries, adjust accounts and financial statements and "close the books" for applicable clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to work accurately, efficiently, and within budget while organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing work involving multiple assignments.
- Demonstrate the ability to positively portray the firm vision and mission through community involvement.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Client Oriented - Client orientation implies a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the client's needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust. This competency asks the question “How well do you understand the viewpoint and objectives of the client and attempt to build and maintain long-term relationships with the client?”
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree Accounting or related discipline (four-year college or university)
Experience: One plus year of related experience
Computer Skills: Proficiency with computer, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, copiers, scanners, and printers. Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access. Desired: QuickBooks, CCHAxcess, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, Caseware, QuickBooks, and Timeslips.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Program for acquiring CPA
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.