At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
WHY WE NEED YOU: Our Tax Department continues to grow in headcount and in volume of work, and we need a well-rounded Senior Manager to help us continue serving the Austin area.
WHO ARE YOU? You're a CPA, and the last several years of your career have been spent in public accounting. If you're a top candidate, you'll have 7-10 years of review and advisory experience in a variety of industries. You feel comfortable researching and proactively advising clients on opportunities and best practices. As you succeed in the role, your impact on the firm will shine through your work, your involvement in the Austin professional community, and your zeal for business development. We're looking for someone with firm ownership listed among their long-term goals.
A Senior Manager is expected to be knowledgeable of the Firm's policies and procedures; understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA; possess an understanding of pertinent IRC sections and regulations. A Senior Manager possesses knowledge and experience in their assigned areas and is capable of supervising several engagements simultaneously, employing well-developed decision-making skills. A Senior Manager exhibits technical proficiency, the ability to train and supervise less experienced staff members, and the ability to complete engagements in a timely manner while assisting Partners with the management of client work. A Senior Manager must have a well developed Firm point of view, their ultimate goal to become an owner in the Firm. They develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the Firm and recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients. They will assist in Firm management functions and represent the Firm in positive ways.
- Proficient in preparing and reviewing complex returns: Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, Individual, Estate & Gift Tax, and Not for Profit with a higher level of expertise in an area of specialty (niche).
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively discuss tax planning and potential tax problems with clients as well as the ability to prepare tax projections and/or estate planning computations for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to comfortably interview clients for a variety of income tax returns and to request and obtain all of the necessary information from clients through the use of email, correspondence, face-to-face meetings, and telephone conversations when preparing their tax returns.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform extensive tax research for complex matters and prepare detailed memorandums, through the use of various sources of reference material available including RIA Checkpoint and other online resources.
- Possess the ability to prepare written responses to IRS notices and provide IRS representation for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of computerized in-house software platforms for the electronic preparation of tax returns, in a paperless environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and supervise projects and work accurately, efficiently, and within budget, while organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing work involving multiple engagements while bringing all to successful completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and interpret information presented by clients, understand their situations, develop effective approaches to performing their work, and effectively discuss and recommend systems and procedures improvements to clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor and supervise staff through training, providing guidance and direction, sharing constructive observations and suggestions for improvement, and participating in performance management processes.
- Take an active role in developing and leading staff education and provide administrative assistance to the Firm on projects requested by Partners.
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the Firm.
- Participate in the development of new clients and expand the Firm's services to existing clients.
- Communicate with Partners all important developments, problems, and recommendations regarding clients, Firm operations, and team members.
- Manage a book of business by being Project Manager in the amount of $300,000 while generating $30,000 in new business annually, with at least an 88% realization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university) in Accounting or a related discipline
Experience: Seven or more years of recent tax experience in public accounting, preferably with a large, local, regional or national public accounting firm.
Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency with computer, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, copiers, scanners, and printers. Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access. CCH Axcess, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, Caseware and Quickbooks.
Certificates & Licenses: CPA license
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.