- Austin, TX
At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
This position offers the option of telecommuting!
WHY WE NEED YOU: Our Tax Department continues to grow in headcount and in volume of work, and we need a well-rounded senior to help us continue serving the Austin area.
WHO ARE YOU? You're a CPA, and the last 3 - 5 years of your career have been spent in public accounting. If you're a top candidate, you'll have 1- 2 years of review and advisory experience in a variety of industries. You feel comfortable researching and proactively advising clients on opportunities and best practices. As you succeed in the role, your impact on the firm will shine through your work, your involvement in the Austin professional community, and your zeal for business development. We're looking for someone with firm ownership listed among their long-term goals.
At the Senior level, an individual is expected to be knowledgeable of the Firm's policies and procedures; understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA; possess an understanding of pertinent IRC sections and regulations; and possess an ability to employ successful research techniques through the use of various research sources available to the Firm. Most assignments will involve the preparation of tax returns with additional responsibilities in supervising, working independently, and communicating with clients.
- Become proficient in preparing complex returns: Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, Individual, Estate & Gift Tax, and Not for Profit through the proper preparation and organization of work papers.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively discuss tax planning and potential tax problems with clients as well as the ability to prepare tax projections and/or estate planning computations for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to comfortably interview clients for their personal and less complex business income tax returns and to request and obtain all of the necessary information from clients through the use of email, correspondence, face-to-face meetings, and telephone conversations when preparing their tax returns.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform extensive tax research for complex matters and prepare detailed memorandums, through the use of various sources of reference material available including: BNA, PPC, CCH, and other on-line resources.
- Possess the ability to prepare written responses to IRS notices and provide IRS representation for selected clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of computerized in-house software platforms for the electronic preparation of tax returns, in a paperless environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work accurately, efficiently, and within budget while organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing work involving multiple assignments.
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to accurately and efficiently review basic returns, including Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, and Individual.
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to assume complete responsibility for some individual tax clients and assist in billing these clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively discuss and recommend systems and procedures improvements to clients.
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to mentor staff through training, providing guidance and direction, and sharing constructive observations and suggestions for improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively assist in Firm-sponsored Tax education.
- Understand and adhere to Circular 230 requirements.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Client Oriented - Client orientation implies a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the client's needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust. This competency asks the question “How well do you understand the viewpoint and objectives of the client and attempt to build and maintain long-term relationships with the client?”
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Accounting or related discipline
Experience: Minimum of 3 years related experience
Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency with computer, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, copiers, scanners, and printers, Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access. QuickBooks, CCH Axcess, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, Caseware,
Certificates & Licenses: CPA and/or EA licenses preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Program for acquiring CPA
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top