WHY WE NEED YOU: Our Tax Department continues to grow in headcount and in volume of work, and we need a well-rounded Manager candidate to help us continue serving the Austin area.
WHO ARE YOU? You're a CPA, and the last several years of your career have been spent in public accounting. If you're a top candidate, you'll have 5-7 years of review and advisory experience in a variety of industries. You feel comfortable researching and proactively advising clients on opportunities and best practices. As you succeed in the role, your impact on the firm will shine through your work, your involvement in the Austin professional community, and your zeal for business development. We're looking for someone with firm ownership listed among their long-term goals.
At the Manager level, an individual is expected to be knowledgeable of the Firm's policies and procedures; understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA; possess an understanding of pertinent IRC sections and regulations. A Manager possesses knowledge and experience in their assigned areas and is capable of supervising several engagements simultaneously, employing well developed decision-making skills. A Manager exhibits technical proficiency, the ability to train and supervise less experienced staff members, and the ability to complete engagements in a timely manner. Additionally, they develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the Firm, while recognizing opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients. From time to time they will assist in Firm administrative functions and also represent the Firm in a positive way through civic and professional activities.
- Proficient in preparing and reviewing complex returns: Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, Individual, Estate & Gift Tax, and Not for Profit with a higher level of expertise in area of specialty (niche).
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively discuss tax planning and potential tax problems with clients as well as the ability to prepare tax projections and/or estate planning computations for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to comfortably interview clients for a variety of income tax returns and to request and obtain all of the necessary information from clients through the use of email, correspondence, face-to-face meetings, and telephone conversations when preparing their tax returns.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform extensive tax research for complex matters and prepare detailed memorandums, through the use of various sources of reference material available
- Possess the ability to prepare written responses to IRS notices and provide IRS representation for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of computerized in-house software platforms for the electronic preparation of tax returns, in a paperless environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and supervise projects and work accurately, efficiently, and within budget while organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing work involving multiple engagements while bringing all to a successful completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and interpret information presented by clients, understand their situations, develop effective approaches to performing their work, and effectively discuss and recommend systems and procedures improvements to clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor and supervise staff through training, providing guidance and direction, sharing constructive observations and suggestions for improvement, and participating in performance management processes.
- Take an active role in developing and leading staff education and provide administrative assistance to the Firm on projects requested by Partners and Managers.
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the Firm.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Client Oriented - Client orientation implies a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the client's needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust. This competency asks the question “How well do you understand the viewpoint and objectives of the client and attempt to build and maintain long-term relationships with the client?”
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
Experience: Minimum of five to seven years related experience
Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency with computer, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, copiers, scanners, and printers. Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access. Quickbooks, ProSystemFx, FxPlanning, FxDocument, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, Caseware, Quickbooks, and CCH.
Certificates & Licenses: CPA and or EA licenses
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top