Sr. Staff Accountant - Client Accounting Services
- Austin, TX
At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
WHY WE NEED YOU: The landscape of accounting has moved past just payroll and bank reconciliations, and we are looking for a senior accountant to join our Client Accounting Services team.
WHO ARE YOU? You have a experience having worked in public accounting with strong background in full-charge bookkeeping, processing payroll in-house, producing financials and more.. Experience in QuickBooks Desktop and Online is REQUIRED. You understand why clean accounting records are so important to the financial health of a company and you have a passion for collaborating with clients on their needs and goals. You may not know how to consult on everything accounting yet, but your career development is important to you. You're going to be successful if you're an efficient, resourceful, and supportive colleague with an eye for detail.
- Prepare financial statements through QuickBooks or applicable software, including:
- Make Journal Entries for depreciation and amortization
- Allocate income and expenses using class tracking and/or job costing features
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets to calculate allocations of various expenses and make Journal Entries
- Review client entries and make corrections by Journal Entry, as needed
- Prepare Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and General Ledger reports
- Report potential bookkeeping problems to internal management
- Communicate with clients about their books and gather missing information
- Educate clients on Best Practices to maintain their books properly
- Review accounting files prepared by clients to make ready for tax preparation and make adjustments by Journal Entry, as needed
- Collaborate with clients, and assist them as they identify accounting needs, support them on bookkeeping issues, and provide them with training on basic accounting knowledge
- Set up new accounting files with chart of accounts in applicable software
- Prepare accounts payable and accounts receivable, as required
- Prepare payroll, including making EFTPS tax payments and annual forms W2, W3, 1099, 1096, 940
- Prepare quarterly payroll forms 941, 944 and TWC
- Prepare and process sales tax returns
- Assist with TWC payroll audits
- Prepare Personal Property Tax Renditions
- Due to the paperless nature and electronic transmission of much of the reports, returns, and work product, must be able to work in Adobe
- Assist with training and documentation of internal processes
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Client Oriented - Client orientation implies a desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the client's needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust. This competency asks the question “How well do you understand the viewpoint and objectives of the client and attempt to build and maintain long-term relationships with the client?”
- Communication Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school) or (Preferred) Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Field of Study: Accounting or related discipline
Experience: Minimum 5 years of accounting experience including full-charge bookkeeping and payroll. Public Accounting experience is a plus.
Computer and software skills: Proficient with computers, 10key. and MS Office Suite (especially Excel), MS Access, QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online (a must), Bill.com, Creative Solutions, Fixed Asset Manager, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, and CCH Axcess (preferred), Xero, Gusto.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Program for acquiring CPA
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top