At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
The Executive Assistant is an essential member of the Tax Department. Under the supervision of different professionals, Executive Assistants, perform a variety of clerical and organizational tasks related to performing audits and compilations. Tasks may include providing high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Additional tasks may include bookkeeping or basic accounting tasks such as accounts receivable, at times utilizing clients' records and various software platforms.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages, as needed.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by partners, supervisors, committees.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution. Assist Department Leaders with in-boxes, mail, e-mail, etc.
- Perform general office duties, such as notification to the appropriate person of needed supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- File and retrieve client and firm documents, records, and reports, as requested. Participate in EOY File Retention/Destruction procedures.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Prepare meeting agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for committee, board, and other meetings, as requested.
- Attend meetings to record minutes. Transcribe the notes and distribute after the meeting, as required.
- Prepare mailings, including Regular, Certified, Business Reply, Overnight Delivery, and local delivery services. Assist with firm-wide mailing projects, as needed.
- Obtain information from clients and deliver information to clients.
- Perform various Tax Return functions, including: a) utilizing CCH Axcess; b) preparing batch extensions and extension list; c) e-Filing; d) report set-up and proof-reading reports. Process Tax Returns, as needed, throughout the year, but especially during the Busy Seasons.
- Demonstrate ability to use Excel to prepare spreadsheets and analyze data.
- Update CCH Axcess including: a) the Work Flow Control and Firm Data Base for tasks IN and OUT; b) clear the Due Date Lists for Returns and Projects; c) File Storage; and, d) Clients and Contacts.
- Handle projects involving Engagement Letters, Tax Organizers, and Master Tax Guides, as well as other firm-wide mailing projects.
- Serve as a back-up to process Audit Reports, Financial Statements, and Compilations. Accounts receivable responsibilities, including: a) Preparing pre-bills and invoices; b) Mailing invoices; and, c) updating Accountability Reports.
- As necessary, a) Prepare checks for clients, b) Reconcile bank accounts, c) Perform simple bookkeeping tasks, d) Prepare client payrolls, year-end tax reporting, and, e) Assist with the preparation of simple Tax Returns, and data entry for more complex Tax Returns.
- Assist with Proposal writing and responses to RFPs.
- Assist the Tax Department with CPE and training needs, including: a) Registering team members for professional education; b) Arranging off-site meetings for Department and clients; and c) Setting up in-house training, webcasts, or conference calls.
- Review operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Provide support to other departments, particularly to the other Executive Assistants, as needed.
- Train other staff, as needed, and contribute to training materials.
- Other duties and projects as requested.
- Office Skills: Ability to perform general office skills which include, but are not limited to filing alphabetically and numerically, word processing, and operating various office machines (i.e. multi line telephones, scanners, copiers, facsimile machines, postage meters, etc.)
- Education: High School Diploma, GED (Required) Associates' Degree or Bachelors' Degree considered a plus
- Experience: Five (5) years related experience.
- Technology: Proficiency in the use of computers and commonly used software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access), CCH Axcess, QuickBooks, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, CaseWare, and web browsers
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with browsers/internet, cloud environments, technology savvy, basic computer, keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, laptop computers, copiers, scanners, and printers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision required.
Certificates & Licenses: Notary Public or ability to become a notary
Other Requirements: Overtime hours during busy seasons, usually coinciding with mandatory taxing authority deadlines.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates is an equal opportunity employer.