At Atchley & Associates we enjoy providing exceptional service to our exceptional clients. We also place a high value on providing opportunities for challenge, growth, and rewards for our A&A team members by creating an environment of trust and respect.
WHY WE NEED YOU: Our Audit Department continues to grow in number and in volume of work, and we need a seasoned in-charge to help us continue our excellent client service.
WHO ARE YOU? You're a CPA, and the last several years of your career has been spent in public accounting. If you're a top candidate, you'll have 1-3 years of in-charge experience, namely in non-profits, single audits, governmental entities, and privately held companies. You're ready to quit the long days, weeks, and years with no growth and join a firm where the path to Manager is clear and attainable.
- Possess an understanding of GAAP (as set forth by FASB and/or GASB), other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations, generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Prepare or review Complete financial statements, Notes, and Representation letters.
- Recognize significant aspects of a client's business and utilize this knowledge to serve the client.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop expectations for analytical analyses based on industry standards and client data.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Assign work to team members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities, with the approval of Managers and Partners. Supervise the work through completion, while monitoring team member efficiency and a thorough understanding of the assignments and objectives.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Advanced levels of computer proficiency in order to improve efficiency on assignments, while using the Case Ware software platform.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
- Review company operations, evaluating their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with corporate policies and procedures, laws, and government regulations.
- Verify the accuracy of the client organization's internal records and check for mismanagement, waste, or fraud.
- Research proficiencies include recognizing accounting or auditing issues as they arise in client situations, including possible solutions.
- Focus on Marketing and Networking to form professional relationships, outside of the firm, with the express intent of developing new business and/or new services to current clients.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Client Oriented - Ability to take care of the clients' needs while following firm procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
Experience: Minimum 3 years in Auditing
Computer and software skills: Proficient with computer and MS Office Suite (especially Excel), Access, Quickbooks, Adobe, Depreciation Solutions, Caseware and Timeslips
Certifications/Licenses: CPA License
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Program for acquiring CPA
- Formal career development program
- Kitchen stocked with complimentary snacks and drinks
- Community Involvement Program
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Atchley & Associates, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.