PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
The Workforce Manager meets business requirements by determining call center staff requirements, developing and monitoring schedules, improving resource planning and scheduling systems. The workforce manager is indirectly responsible for the efficiencies (of each line of business they support) surrounding staffing & scheduling and the forecasting & tracking of call volumes. They will be responsible for models pertaining to long-term and short-term call volume, AHT and shrinkage forecasting. This position will provide comprehensive monthly volume forecasts for budget and capacity planning purposes. In addition, this position will require that strong linkages with business partners are maintained to ensure appropriate information flow and incorporation of forecast inputs such as new business, transaction trending, marketing initiatives, reengineering, sales, etc. Other responsibilities will include the evaluation and integration of new clients into the site; analyze daily operation results to assess risks/exposures to upcoming staff forecasts as well as provide formal, in-depth communication about forecasting plans, results, and future challenges. This position will work with the Supply Chain Command Center located in Crestview, FL.
- Primary responsibility for day-to-day service levels.
- Manages the performance of Workforce Analysts and supporting staff.
- Assures that near real-time agent performance data is maintained to support operations management performance coaching.
- Analyzes call and staff forecasts to identify needs and corrections.
- Works with operations management to assure that staffing requirements are understood and being addressed.
- Acts as site contact for any service impacting issues and call center response(s).
- Helps plan for off-line activities to support operations needs including training and meetings.
- Maintains staff performance by monitoring call volume; adjusting and reallocating staff resources; Monitoring Real-Time Adherence (i.e.; call work, AHT, ASA, talk-times, etc.)
- Prepares call center staffing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; recommending new resource models.
- Ensuring staff optimization (service levels, occupancy, AHT, etc.) for LOB's.
- Manage special projects as assigned by management
- Continuously review, update and improve methodology. Mentor and train other forecasting personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following are required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Five years of experience in forecasting scheduling and traffic management in a complex skills based routing environment.
- Knowledge of real-time adherence
- Proficient with call center metrics and behaviors.
- Desire to function in a people leadership capacity
- Advanced in MS-Excel mandatory (formulas, charting, graphics)
- Time Utilization and exception tracking experience
- Knowledge of Workforce Management software (IEX/TCS, Aspect, etc.)
- Ability to analyze daily, monthly, and annual call volumes/patterns
- Ability to identify product and skills training needed to deliver quality customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results, and being able to make educated guesses when data may be sparse or unavailable.
- Ability to work flexible shifts as required (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to work on site in Crestview, FL
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top