Windows Infrastructure Engineer III
Windows Administrator - Infrastructure Engineer 3
We're looking for a knowledgeable, capable, and enthusiastic Windows engineer to join our team. We need someone with a fantastic grasp of the core stuff: Active Directory and Windows Server and all the Configuration Management, Monitoring and Automation that makes them shine. You're right for the job if you can think and act logically, has a strong work ethic with a focus on high availability and reliability, and is not afraid of learning new things. Apply today if you like working in Windows on a large scale and you have a passion for new technical challenges.
Who We Are
We're an international team of Systems Administrators who support Asurion's Windows Server and Active Directory operations. We help our partner teams on the front lines to keep Asurion running, and we work in the background to improve our Microsoft Server infrastructure and services year over year. Asurion is a collaborative place - our team resides within a larger team of IT professionals, and we get to work with many different groups and technologies. That means we never stop learning, and we're not confined to our own silo.
What You'll Do
- As a member of an enterprise Ops team, job number one is to keep the ship running.
- You'll be a senior engineer driving results and guiding your team's problem solving and decision making processes.
- You'll demonstrate 'Everyday Leadership' as you mentor junior team members and develop plans to drive successful projects in areas that suit your skills.
- You'll provide day-to-day support for our Windows and AD platforms, respond to incidents and user requests, and you'll take part in the on-call rotation.
- By showing us new ways to make our processes more efficient and consistent you'll help us cut down on errors and gets stuff done faster. We maintain automated scripts and modules for self-healing, decom processes, group management actions, server deployments, and more. We're always looking to add to the list.
- You'll aide in Root Cause Analysis when services go down and help implement solutions so we're covered for next time.
- The Windows team is a popular group at Asurion, so you'll get to work closely with colleagues on many of our partner teams - Linux, Database, Networking, VMware, Storage, Data Center Services, App Support, Desktop Engineering, and others. If you have working knowledge in these areas, you'll put it to good use.
- 5+ years' experience with Microsoft server operating systems
- Experience developing and delivering engaging presentations to senior and/or large audiences. You'll need the ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical people. We work with plenty of both on a regular basis.
- Managing projects. Experience leading large or complex projects and meeting specified criteria.
- Scripting ability is key - PowerShell is our main language, but knowledge of any others is welcome.
- Experience with Cloud providers is a big plus, especially AWS.
- Technical background in any field is helpful, since it lets you talk to other teams using their language.
- A degree in Information Technology or Computer Science is beneficial, but what your degree is in (or even whether you have one) isn't as important as your knowledge and professional experience.
- Microsoft and other technical certs are plusses.
Back to top