VP Technology - Engineering
Job Posting Title
Vice President Technology - Engineering
- In collaboration with the engineering leads, set and articulate the technical vision and direction for multiple agile teams working to deliver next generation products
- Work closely with Product and Design counterparts to review and evolve the product teams' KPIs that focus the teams on building great products that address drive productivity, efficiency, satisfaction and competitive differentiation
- Use communication and collaboration tools to provide a high-level of visibility and transparency around KPIs, design, backlog and results to senior leadership and other teams
- Manage resources across multiple agile teams, ensuring that each team is strategically aligned and fully owns their area of responsibility
- Embrace and evangelize the Lean Startup principles of KPI-driven development
- Execute the "build—measure—learn" cycle to turn ideas into MVPs, measure the effect on KPIs, and pivot or persevere based on results
- Work to constantly challenge and improve existing infrastructure and processes to accelerate the feedback loop
- Build solid working relationships with IT Operations, Security, and Enterprise Architecture teams to insure the team delivers secure, reliable and high performing products
- Provide line management for all direct reports, complete annual reviews and conduct performance management for the engineering team
- Support and enhance the Asurion culture within the engineering organization
- Recruit, motivate, mentor and lead a high-caliber team
- Masters (preferable) or Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- 10 years of experience in engineering management positions with a focus on delivering Enterprise grade products to Consumers
- Extensive experience with and commitment to agile software development methodologies and principles of software development
- Hands on technologist with deep and broad technical capability (Java, Python, AWS; hardware experience is a plus). Proven expertise architecting and developing for AWS.
- Technical credibility with Engineering Leads is a must have with the proven ability to challenge conventional thinking. Create a culture of fast and iterative technical assessment, implementation, and refinement / replacement. Not tied to any one solution, always identifying opportunities at new and better way to solving old problems.
- Critical Competencies / Critical Success Factors:
- Stellar organizational leadership and engineering management skills overseeing sizable staffs (50 plus) where tight collaboration with design, product and other organizations was critical to success
- Proven background assessing, top-grading and building world-class engineering organizations during periods of organizational evolution
- Evaluates key technical challenges and directs development of new, innovative solutions
- Creates and encourages a healthy supportive/inclusive development culture where collaboration across teams and the sharing of ideas and solutions is the daily norm.
- Employs a disciplined engineering approach (leverages best practices and technologies, articulates solutions, can lead and guide others through technical design and development)
- Develops and Drives technical thought leadership
- Creates strategic partnerships with other Tech leads
- Ability to effectively sponsor/manage multiple software projects, and to take ownership of complex development efforts.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top