User Experience Principal
User ExperienceDesigner, Principal
Asurion is looking for people who arepassionate about creating new products to solve real user problems. We embraceLean Startup principles and provide a dynamic, collaborative and transparentculture where your talent is valued over a role title.
We are seeking a designer with expertise in both interaction and user interfacedesign to create the visual design language across our new product solutions.
Your role will be to envision how people should experience our products,conduct experiments with real users, incorporate insights with your designaesthetic and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refinedand delightful.
As part of the User Experience team you will be collaborating closely withEngineers and Product Managers throughout the design process – frombrainstorming and user studies, to creating user flows, mockups and prototypes,to building solutions that deliver great value to our customers.
As part of a core team, you will take explorative ideas from concept toreality. A unique opportunity that offers variety and innovation, and a chanceto learn as you encounter and overcome new challenges every day.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and userneeds
- Work collaboratively with other designers, analysts, developersand product owners to foster a shared understanding of the user-centric design
- Ability to frame and address design tasks that focus on solvingreal-world problems within an iterative process
- Works through design iterations to move from MVP to full product
- Familiar with Design Thinking (Empathy, Define, Ideation,Prototype, Test) and Lean (Learn, Build, Measure) processes and can citeworking examples.
- Conduct and incorporate end-user insights from A/B testing,contextual inquiry and other methods of user study.
- Develop lo-fidelity high-level storyboards/mockups, andhi-fidelity detailed prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design,and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Create guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources for trainingand marketing
- May oversee other Designers
- Master's degree preferred or Bachelor's degree (or higher) inInteraction Design, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction,Industrial Design, or similar with 10 years' experience
- 7-10 years in User Experience Design
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web basedapplications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/orapplications.
- Experience managing design teams is desired.
- Explicit knowledge of multiple design tools related to visualdesign, interactive design, and/or prototyping
- Exceptional ability in visual design and typography, ability toconvey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups and attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe CC suite, Sketch, Invision and prototypingtools.
- The ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress anddeliver on time
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and how to incorporateUX design into the process
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and an abilityto tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work withconfidence
You must provide a link to youronline portfolio with your application to be considered.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top