User Experience Designer
Work closely with Memories team to onboard new users. This person will run discovery sprints with product and development. The designer should have the ability to do user research in order to understand user needs. We also expect this person to bring a various visual concepts, high fidelity prototypes, and test them with users. The learnings from these discoveries will be implemented into development with beautiful interfaces and pixel perfect designs. Work closely with the engineers to develop the app for iOS and Android by producing user interface layouts, assets, and specs for the team. This person will also work closely with the rest of the design team.
Are you a compulsive problem solver with excellent visualization, collaboration and communication skills? Do you value collaborative design over designing on an island? Do you believe in measuring KPIs over undefined success metrics? Do you believe in nimble design over heavy wireframes, comps or spec documents?
We're looking for designers who are passionate about creating great user experiences, who thrive on solving real business problems, and who enjoy partnering with developers to bring the ideas to reality. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As an Interaction Designer at Asurion, here's what you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Understand complex systems, processes and the relationships between people and products
- Creatively solve problems at all levels of details, from the big picture to the nuts and bolts
- Work collaboratively with other designers, analysts, developers and product owners
- Analyze business and user requirements to create holistic design solutions that address business and user needs
- Develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes. Develop lo-fidelity mockups (wireframes, sketches) illustrating interaction patterns
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- At least 2 years (5 years is preferred) of experience in a UX design role
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or similar
- The ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools like Sketch, Principle, Axure, InvisionApp, UXPin, etc.
- The ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies and how to incorporate UX design into the process
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
If would be great if you also have:
- Experience in developing applications for call centers, trading platforms or other internal applications where efficiency and effectiveness are top priority
- Six Sigma certification and experience
- Experience with Lean UX principles
- Experience with visual design patterns, typography, user interface, and branding
- Experience with production tools like Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator and the ability to create high-fidelity comps and visual treatments
- Experience conducting user testing and/or analytical research
You must provide a link to your online portfolio with your application to be considered.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top