uBreakiFix Motherboard Technician
- Orlando, FL
Our technicians are the face of uBreakiFix and heroes to our customers with broken devices! While we love technology, we love people more! We are serving the users of technology and so, successful technicians enjoy helping people and problem solving. The UBIF Motherboard Technician owns our complex mail-in repairs and is a vital part of servicing our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect, triage and test complex, defective electronics, such as laptops, game consoles, and tablets.
- Disassembles and repair or replaces loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools.
- Count, scan, and receive inventory.
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
- Package and ship devices back to customers or stores.
- Technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Previous game console, tablet, and laptop computer repair experience and training is required.
- Great attention to detail, and ability to handle and manipulate small tools and items
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Communication proficiency.
- Electronic Repair proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/scanners. There are also proprietary equipment and software provided by OEM partners as well as electronic equipment such as solder stations and other electronic device warming tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently life and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Saturday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Willing to undergo and pass a background check including Criminal, Driving and Drug Test.
- Previous consumer electronic device repair
None required for this position.
It is the policy of uBreakiFix to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. uBreakiFix prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Back to top