Our technicians are the face of uBreakiFix and heroes to our customers with broken devices! While we love technology, we love people more! We are serving the users of technology and so, successful technicians enjoy helping people and problem solving. The UBIF Distribution Depot Technician owns our mail-in repairs and is a vital part of servicing our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect, triage and test defective wireless electronics.
- Disassembles and repair or replaces loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools.
- Count, scan, and receive inventory.
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
- Package and ship devices back to customers.
- Technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail, and ability to handle and manipulate small tools and items
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Communication proficiency.
- Electronic Repair proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/scanners. There are also proprietary equipment and software provided by OEM partners as well as electronic equipment such as solder stations and other electronic device warming tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently life and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Monday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Willing to undergo and pass a background check including Criminal, Driving and Drug Test.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous consumer electronic device repair
None required for this position.