Training & Development Specialist
- Phoenix, AZ
This position is responsible for supporting all training goals and objectives. The trainer will train, support, and develop new technicians while overseeing the day-to-day administrative responsibilities of new hires as they transition from new employee orientation through training to full production. This includes training new hire classes, providing continuing education, as well as administering new hire ticketing, IT support facilitation, and other tasks as needed to support new hires and the Training and Development Coaches.
This position includes covering a wide variety of topics including a broad array of consumer electronics, their use, and troubleshooting as well as expert knowledge of the administrative side of training. Duties also include assisting the Instructional Design team in the creation, review, and updating of training content.
This individual must ensure that all work is performed properly and in a timely manner. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as business needs demand and be willing to travel to conduct training as necessary. On a daily basis, assess overall workload for any area that needs help, and assist coworkers without being reassigned by their manager. Training is a critical role for Asurion and the successful training of students directly affects key business metrics like Employee Attrition, NPS, First Call Resolution, and Customer Resolution Time (CRT).
- Takes administrative responsibility for new employees from New Hire training through to full production. The New Hire total training experience is 6 weeks.
- Is responsible for ensuring proper submission of tickets, new hire troubleshooting, and other administrative duties as required by training
- Helps to facilitate classes as needed
- Strong leadership skills (including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills, and ability to influence others) and demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with peers & team members
- Collaborate with direct Manager to design, deliver and evaluate the success of both the new hire and continuing education classes
- Certification, and new process and product introduction training
- Assists with updating training material to keep current with new topics and techniques
- Maintains a strong relationship with Operations team to influence customer experience, this also includes maintaining full production proficiency
- Maintains positive working relationships with direct Manager and PSS management team
- Perform other duties as may be required or necessary
- Assign assessments in Learning Management System and run reports upon completion
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be highly organized, have strong writing skills
- Organizes classes, submits tickets, and ensures full support of the Training and Development Coaches
- Schedules speakers to conduct technical or job-specific training
- Assists in the sharing of best practices among the Learning & Development team across all PSS sites
- Manages projects as needed
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, potentially including nights and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time during site ramp and 25% during steady state for periods of up to six weeks at a time
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years hands-on experience with mobile devices, tablets, computers, digital cameras, GPS navigation, televisions, home audio, and/or appliances preferred
- 1+ years experience in the next-gen technologies related to cloud, mobile, social, or big data
- 1+ years experience with administrative duties including submitting IT tickets and managing data
- 1+ years people leadership or training experience a plus
- Training certifications a plus
- Demonstrated professionalism in maintaining confidentiality
- Detail orientation and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal/communication with all levels of management
- Proficiency using MS Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word required
- Proficiency in using MS Lync, WebEx Training Center, and SMART Classroom Suite preferred
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule according to business needs potentially including nights and weekends
- French, French Canadian, or Spanish as a fluent second language a very large plus
Back to top