Technology Analyst Intern
GeneralDescription and Scope of Role
The Operation of Excellence Analyst is responsible evaluating,developing and designing solutions to improve IT service delivery operationalprocedures. The candidate will helpmanagement enhance and drive efficiency in IT Service Delivery througheffectively implementing the necessary processes and controls to increase ITILmaturity.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on keyservice-level metrics. Perform trend analyses, and develop action plans forimproving service timeliness and reducing costs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all IT andapplicable business units to ensure that IT delivered services and end-userproductivity goals are understood and exceeded.
- Be an active member of the change, release, asset andproblem management teams responsible to maintain awareness of the current andforecasted states of the IT environment.
- Leverage IT best practices and process frameworks, suchas the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
- Design cost saving and productivity improvement plansby identify areas of transforming manual processes into self-service solutions,leveraging existing tools and/or identifying the need for additionaltechnology.
- Stay abreast of trends in service desk operations,management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other externalchanges that could have an impact on IT services.
- Determines operational objectives by studying businessfunctions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new standard operating procedures and/orprocesses by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams;studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writingimproved procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing andmaintaining user documentation; providing the service delivery teams support.
- Maintains professional and up to date technicalknowledge for industry best practices.
- Recommends and/or leads training of analysts within theService Delivery teams.
- Collaborate with management and key stakeholders tohelp implement strategic plans, improvement initiatives, and optimize processwhere appropriate and necessary.
- Establish ITIL-based best practices for Asurion-wideservice desk processes
- Maintains expertise in the application and use ofsystems, tools, and processes within the scope of delivering IT services
- Works with international business units to understandspecific needs and build effective service delivery solutions
- Self-driven and motivated to identify, and assistmanagement to help drive change to the IT environment which contribute to theorganization's goals
- Ability to contribute to organizational strategyprovided my management and ultimately manage execution of tasks to successfulimplementation
- Multitasking with the ability to prioritize multiplerequests in a dynamic environment
- Promotes and models Asurion's Core Values
Skills,Experience & Educational Requirements
- Pursuing BS in Business, Mathematics or ComputerSciences (equivalent combination of related education, training, and experiencemay be considered)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong working knowledge of Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC)
- Relevant IT disciplines or certifications
- Strong knowledge of common ticketing tools, ServiceNowtool suite a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to alllevels of the business.
- Good to strong facilitation skills with preferredexperience in meeting management – agenda, meeting minutes, and follow-upactions
- Preferred experience working in a matrix organizationand capable of influencing IT organizational and team leaders through datagathering
- Preferred experience driving service delivery processimprovement in a dynamic environment
- Preferred interpersonal and negotiating skills withvarious levels (staff, peers and management)
- Strong teaming skills within peers, customers andinter-departmental functions
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top