Technical Support & Sales Representative - Orlando
- Orlando, FL
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
The Tech Expert is responsible for providing exceptional customer support and technical expertise on the phone or via messages through our website, chat, and/or e-mail in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. They will assess tech issues and identify and deploy solutions for customers through one-on-one conversations. They will also explain device capabilities and wireless carrier data product offerings. They will engage with the customer to understand their technology and sell protection/tech support solutions.
- Troubleshoot technical issues for customer's personal devices; evaluate concerns and issues, identify and deploy solutions, and train customers on solutioning steps, if applicable
- Learn details of protect home and other product offerings to confidently and accurately sell to customers
- A Passion for selling services & solving problems
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
- Meet key performance indicator metrics for call performance measurements and sales goals; receive feedback/coaching from the management team including Trainers, Quality Analysts, etc.
- Utilize call center technology to input, track, and report customer issues
- Navigate company software programs, use web-based search engines and troubleshoot customer issues
- Escalate calls outside their scope to appropriate tier of Customer service support function
- Understand the latest bugs and solutions in newly released hardware and/or operating systems to provide exceptional, knowledgeable service
- Follows directives from Call Center Management (Coaches, Managers, etc.)
- To ensure we have adequate staff to meet our contractual service level requirements, regular and reliable attendance at the place of work is required
- Ability to be highly motivated and self sufficient
- Drive to improve performance and exceed goals to maximize earning potential
- Maintains excellent relations with all internal and external customers of Asurion.
- Interacts and assists with other Tech Experts on the team and various support functions, including Quality, Tech Leads, Training, etc.
- Reliable and flexible when it comes to dealing with difficult situations
- The ability to quickly adapt in an ever-changing fast-pace environment
- Other duties as assigned
The following are required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
Skills/knowledge : Must have working knowledge (or the ability to learn) multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, including: Windows, Android, Blackberry OS, Apple iOS, wireless technology, wireless equipment, and applications. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast environment, and manage time effectively. Must be a strong communicator, with an emphasis on effective listening and empathizing with customers, plus good phone etiquette (pace, tone, voice quality, grammar and articulation). Must be able to understand, identify, and upsell new products and solutions based on customer needs. Be computer literate with an ability to type 25-35 words per minute and learn new call center software. Must be able to pass a hiring assessment, covering soft skill scenario modeling, business decisions, and product knowledge. Must be self-disciplined and work without close supervision.
Experience/education : High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred 1-year experience in a customer service position (preferred call center experience). Bilingual skills a plus.
Physical demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 4-8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position. Typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication utilizing a headset. The employee is regularly required to talk 90+% of the time via a headset.
Work environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brick/Mortar locations - Regularly requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Regularly requires working with other in a close proximity and sharing workspaces. Requires the understanding that the noise level in the Call Center is that of an office environment and will rise significantly during peak hours.
Work at Home locations - Required that employees work in a distraction-free workplace and is ergonomically set to meet the company's standards
Additional requirements :
Training - Routine training classes are required and/or offered during the employee lifecycle. Training may consist of classroom and/or Computer based training (CBT)
Schedules - Flexible to work all shifts as required (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
Pay - Hourly pay for first 45 days and then employees are eligible for pay per experience. Pay per experience employees, on average, make 15% more than hourly pay.
Back to top