Reporting to a Customer Solutions Operations Manager, the Connected Home Expert position is a technical support role focused on providing a premier customer experience and end-to-end support for all connected and non-connected devices in a consumer's home ecosystem. The Connected Home Expert will be responsible for providing a premier customer service experience, including customer education and advanced troubleshooting on all covered products, consumer electronics and connected devices. Connected Home Expert will handle complex technical inquiries from customers who need assistance troubleshooting total home products and wireless connectivity issues on technology such as smartphones, tablets, desktops, laptops, gaming systems, home energy and security, other appliances, and consumer electronics.
Pay Rate: $19.25 per Hour.
Now Accepting applications from the following States: AL, AK, AZ, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY
Hours of Operation: 6:00 am-12:00 am Saturday through Sunday, need to be available for any schedule time within these hours.
- Own the customer experience to offer customers a value-added experience with premier customer service through relationship and rapport building and swift identification and resolution of technology issues all while demonstrating empathy and assurance for the customer throughout the call or chat.
- Assist customers with a variety of technical support needs for total home set up within a complex network of connected devices while providing education and device optimization suggestions for mobile devices, tablets, computers, laptops, Smart TV's, home entertainment or theatre systems, gaming systems, vehicles, home energy and security systems and/or other consumer electronics.
- Make the experience easy for customers by simplifying the troubleshooting experience, demonstrating empathy and assurance for issues, swift identification and resolution of technology issues and identifying other opportunities to add value through relationship and rapport.
- Ability to provide next steps options to customers to resolve their issues including claim filing and buyouts.
- Leverage resources including will use knowledge management systems, client systems, and other diagnostic tools to resolve complex technology, connectivity and synchronization issues. Proactively identify and research new technology trends and solutions for inclusion in the knowledge base.
- Achieve customer experience goals (Ownership / Resolution, Customer Choice / Satisfaction, Call Resolution Time, First Call Resolution, Transfers, etc.) and other performance metrics including internal Quality, Attendance and Adherence goals.
- Be comfortable speaking to the features and benefits of the product to upsell any products offered as part of the role, as well as meets goals on customer retention for those services
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High School or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a call center environment delivering technical support for a variety of technologies and consumer electronics such as mobile devices, PC's and laptops, software, and/or other consumer electronics.
- Must be available to work any assigned shift with reasonable notice 7 days per week, 24 hours per day. Bi-lingual (Spanish / English) a plus.
- Ability to pass technical aptitude assessment
- Proven ability to learn new technical concepts quickly and easily makes connections among previously related notions, adaptable and open to change and experiments to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing. Coach level ability to communication complex technical information to non-Coachs in a professional and engaging manner.
- Strong ability to build rapport with and relate well to others, actively listens, demonstrates patience, seeks to understand, exhibits empathy and assurance and gains trust and respect of others. Requires a highly proactive customer service mindset that is adaptive to varying customer technical skill levels and dedicated to meeting the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and efficiently to maximize productivity, respect the customer's time and focus on value added activities. Ability to manages multiple tasks at once while leveraging resources to accomplish goals.
- Proven ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with limited information and under tight timelines. Cool under pressure and does not easily become defensive, irritated or show frustration when faced with the unexpected or resistance.
- Proficiency with a variety of knowledge management systems (KMS) and/or helpdesk reporting tools to deliver technical support.
- Demonstrated high energy and relentless passion for new and emerging technologies.
- Adhere to company code of conduct, policies and procedures and act in accordance with the company's core values.
- Collaborates well with others, cooperative, supportive and trustworthy team member.
- Technical certifications such as Comp TIA, A+, MSFT Certification, Apple ACMT or Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) preferred.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time (up to 2 hours).
- Must be able to speak with customers on the phone for extended periods of time (average 20 minutes per call or chat, however, may be as long as 2+ hours).
- Must be able to use headphones or earpieces to listen to and speak with customers.
- Must be able to type at moderate speed with minimal errors while simultaneously continuing to provide a premier customer experience.
- Must be able to adapt quickly, research complex technology and connectivity issues and make decisions with limited information all while maintaining engagement with the customer throughout the call and documenting the issue and outcome.
- Must be able to apply prior learning's to new situations and adapt or adjust as needed for the specific situation without becoming frustrated when faced with ambiguity or resistance.