Supply Chain Manager, Procurement
The Manager of Global Procurement& Supplier Management will fill a key role within the Procurement andSupplier Management organization. Thisposition will have primary responsibility for influencing cross-functionalteams plus developing suppliers to define then implement the sourcing andsupplier management strategy for Asurion. This position will manage a network of external and/or internalsuppliers to ensure the prescribed KPIs are met; which are but not limited todelivery, quality cost and overall business performance. Some key objectives include development ofstrategic and tactical solutions to optimize the supply chain and driveperformance to support business impacting metrics and service levelagreements. The ability to build andmaintain relationships and thrive in a cross-matrix team environment iscritical to the success of this position.
- Creates, defines and implements sourcing strategy, including supplier selection, for area of responsibility
- Leads a supplier network that is responsible for best in classperformance and is managed utilizing industry recognized supplier managementtools; which are but not limited to business compliance requirements, balancedscorecards, daily or weekly communications, MBRs, QBRs and implementation ofsupplier qualification & disqualification procedures as required.
- Establish and sustain strong customer relationship managementthrough effective communication and support for all internal customers.
- Leads negotiation and negotiating teams around contractual terms and conditions, pricing, service levels, and repair agreements to minimize the Total Cost of Ownership with suppliers. Acts as the point of accountability for escalation and arbitration for supplier related issues.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships with external suppliers. Gains understanding of each supplier's internal supply chain processes and uses this information to benefit the overall Asurion supply chain.
- Manage and execute regular RFI/RFP/RFQ and FMV assessments to drive competitive pricing.
- Manage weekly and monthly data to monitor supplier performance, identify cost reduction opportunities, and create competition. Works hand in hand with internal teams to ensure suppliers are performing and kept cost competitive.
- Operational activities of supplier management include communicating and resolving daily issues between internal organizations and suppliers, leading weekly cross-functional team calls to cover open issues, actively working/monitoring quality and performance issues.
- Must be able to build strong internal relationships and be able work collectively/collaboratively across the organization
- Responsible for improving procurement and other internal processesto support operational efficiencies.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams such as demand planning, operations quality and finance to effectively drive accurate material forecasting, purchasing, compliance and standardized processes that enable continuity of supply, reduces E&O exposure, lowers material cost and ensures compliance.
- BS/BA Degree or Minimum 3 years in supply chain orprocurement related role
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Globalprocurement expertise.
- Excellentorganizational skills
- Drive for results
- Superiorrelationship management and interpersonal skill
- Strong writtenand verbal communication skills.
- Advancedquantitative problem solving skills.
- Strong motivationaland leadership skills
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Advanced computerskills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strongnegotiating skills and analytical skills required
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top