Supervisor Licensing, Regulatory Compliance
Job Title: Licensing Supervisor, Regulatory and Compliance
The Licensing Supervisor is a non-attorney role within Asurion's Legal Regulatory Team and manages a team of licensing coordinators that are responsible for ensuring the company's associate and entity licenses remain in compliance with state regulations and business rules. The Licensing Supervisor must demonstrate subject-matter expertise in on-going compliance with insurance, service contract, producer, adjuster, certificates of authority and other applicable regulations in all jurisdictions in which Asurion conducts business. The Licensing Supervisor must also drive results from the Licensing Team, ensuring the team has measurable goals and fostering continual development of team members. The Licensing Supervisor must have the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively under tight deadlines, possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills and demonstrate credibility and influence. .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage licenses and registrations; maintain entity licensing, including warranty, agency, adjuster, contractor and secretary of state filings to protect the company from fines, revocations and other penalties.
• Maintain on-going compliance with insurance, service contract, producer, adjuster, certificates of authority and other regulations applicable to our business.
• Communicate with and influence government agencies, including state departments of insurance and secretary of state offices regarding regulatory or licensing issues.
• Supervise, guide, train and monitor all duties of the Licensing team.
• Answer questions and problem solve for issues that arise.
• Assign and monitor duties of the Licensing team and re-assign as necessary.
• Assist regulatory managers and attorneys with research projects.
• Assist in developing and monitoring the annual Licensing Department budget, including routinely reconciling invoices to actual spend.
• Resolve licensing issues with individual licensed associates
• Maintain internal database, including tracking of license renewals, continuing education, personal information, and related fees.
• Assist with day-to-day licensing work as needed.
• Coach and develop team members for continual professional growth and maintain succession planning.
• Manage team to safeguard personal data and respect the confidentiality of all licensed associates with respect to sensitive material.
• 25% travel required.
• College degree strongly preferred
• 5+ years insurance licensing experience preferred
• Previous managerial experience (5+ years) is preferred
• Insurance/regulatory industry background will be considered a plus
• Uses good judgment when communicating about complex or sensitive issues; anticipates potential concerns and addresses them proactively
• Collaborates with business partners at appropriate level to brainstorm innovative solutions that solve unique or challenging problems
• Schedules and prioritizes work and deliverables to ensure on-time response to large variety of changing demands/requests/requirements
• Demonstrates an understanding of the role of the regulator and its powers and the high-level rules with which companies must comply
• Exceptional attention to detail, strong judgment, confidence and is skillful at prioritizing and executing with accuracy and precision
• Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions, documents, and regulations
• Flexible, maintains composure, and is nimble when business conditions or goals change
• Highly organized and digs for detailed understanding to thoroughly comprehend the issues and implications of potential actions and solutions
• Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic
• Aptitude and motivation for staying current with regulatory changes in insurance and service contract areas, and to build expertise in all areas of licensing
• Technology expertise; proficiency with Excel necessary; experience with SharePoint preferred
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top