Staff Accountant - Americas, Accounting & Reporting
The Accountant role within the Americas Accounting and Reporting group will fill a key role within the Finance organization. This position will be responsible for certain core accounting and reporting activities, including the preparation of Americas regional reporting, client-level reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis of accounts. This role will assist with internal management book-keeping and reporting and help drive processes to unify the Company's global accounting structure. There will also be several special projects that should provide for continuous learning opportunities and expose the role to a variety of aspects of the Company.
The Accountant role will be exposed to tasks of different varieties, including operational accounting, technical accounting, various analyses, and financial reporting. The Company is looking for a candidate that could currently fill this role proficiently and have opportunity to grow and develop in any combination of these areas. Due to the breadth of tasks involved, it is important for this role to be able to interact positively with a variety of areas and levels within the Company. This requires the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
The ideal candidate will have financial and technical accounting competence, critical thinking proficiency, strong communication, "selling" and collaboration skills. The candidate must be able to juggle many different priorities/projects and work effectively in a teaming environment. The candidate must have the ability to communicate and relate to senior leadership and all levels of personnel within the organization. The candidate must be able to meet the demands of a rapidly growing, fast paced, complex and entrepreneurial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create month-end consolidation journal entries
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Support the monthly close process
- Provide accounting support for assigned areas which may include cost allocations, eliminations, and key performance indicators
- Assist in the compilation and review of monthly management reporting, client level reporting, and ad hoc internal reporting
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Americas regional accounting function
- Enhance the documentation of key internal controls, processes, and procedures
- Identify best practices and create ideas for process improvements
- Proven track record of academic and/or professional excellence
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 0 to 3 years of professional experience or appropriate academic curriculum
- Knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong financial systems aptitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to manage ambiguity and adapt readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions
- Ability to complete tasks that span from routine to thought-provoking
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Professional and personal integrity beyond reproach
- Comfortable working with very sensitive and confidential data with the ability to maintain a high degree of discretion
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed in order to meet deadlines
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top