Sr User Experience Designer
- Asurion Virtual Assistant (AVA) team is seeking a talented designer to join in our mission to create disruptive and innovative solutions with AI, NLP, and machine learning. As our Product Designer with visual design specialization, you will utilize your range of product, interaction, and visual design skills to craft new solutions as well as improve the visual design of existing products in the artificial intelligence and bots domain.
- As technology gets more complicated and upgrade cycles are getting faster and faster, we are working on revolutionary products to empower customers to get the most of their devices and technology ecosystem. Our applications are used by millions of customers worldwide via our carrier, retail, and business partners.
We are looking for open-minded people who love to learn and create to join oura tight knit team of scientists, engineers, designers, and product managers currently building AI and Machine Learning powered applications.
As our Product Designer with visual design specialization, you will utilize your range of product, interaction, and visual design skills to craft new solutions as well as improve the visual design of existing products in the artificial intelligence and bots domain. You will be working from research and brainstorm to high-fidelity production level designs and branding/marketing.
You will be part of a team where you will be a key player and not just a pixel pusher in evolving our product through impactful and delightful designs. You'll collaborate closely with business, design, and engineering teams to create and optimize products and experiences that help our customers discover and engage with our bots and A.I platform.
You will help us:
- Define the product UI design landscape and will help to co-drive visual design language across our various products and platforms (mobile/web/tablet).
- Drive development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries.
- Push boundaries of UI/visual execution to synthesize broad and conceptual ideas into innovative designs.
- Ease visualizing an experience in the abstract, carry a thoughtful and fruitful conversation within design team, and then be able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
- Evangelize and influence: contribute to and socialize ongoing development of a design language and system, cross business unit initiatives, and ensure balance between customer needs and business objectives.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with strong bias towards action
- Ability to frame and address design tasks that focus on solving real-world problems within an iterative process
- Provide framework and lead cross functional team in Design Thinking process and collaboration.
At least 5 years interaction/graphics/visual design experience, and working in product design team.
Bachelor or Masters degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
Proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools, eg. Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, AfterEffects, etc.
- Strong UI/visual design portfolio that demonstrate iconography, typography, and layout, as it relates to interaction design.
Familiar with Design Thinking (Empathy, Define, Ideation, Prototype, Test) and Lean (Learn, Build, Measure) processes and can cite working examples. Displays ability to work through design iterations to move from MVP to full product
Experience or willingness: to develop systems thinking, understanding algorithms, designing around computing trends and constraints.
- Understanding or prior experience with content strategy or conversational interfaces (Not required but a big plus).
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top