Sr User Experience Designer
Job Title: User Experience Designer
Location: San Mateo, CA 94404
Are you a compulsive problem solver with excellent visualization,collaboration and communication skills? Do you value collaborative designover designing on an island? Do you believe in measuring KPIs overundefined success metrics? Do you believe in nimble design over heavywireframes, comps or spec documents?
We are seeking a hybrid designerwith expertise in both interaction and user interface design in order to createthe requirements and visual design language of our product experience acrossour native mobile applications. This role requires the ability to beexplorative and generative, but also to design experiences within theconstraints of mobile guidelines. Our designers take ideas from concept toreality by working with multidisciplinary teams to design what is possible. Designers are expected to consider the project from a highlevel and how it fits in to an overall service, but also consider the finedetails of User Interface components, labels and flows to help users achievetheir goals.
We're looking for designers who are passionate about creatinggreat user experiences, who thrive on solving real business problems, and whoenjoy partnering with developers to bring the ideas to reality. If thissounds like you, get in touch!
As a UserExperience Designer at Asurion, here's what you can expect to do:
- Apply conceptual thinkingto create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, tyingtogether user needs, business goals and technical realities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, andego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Creatively solve problems at all levels of details, from the bigpicture to the nuts and bolts
- Work collaboratively with other designers, engineers, and productmanagers
- Develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes. Develop lo-fidelitymockups (wireframes, sketches) illustrating interaction patterns
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas,detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Develop the VisualInterface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards,iconography, photography and illustrations.
- Give data meaningthrough information visualization
- Work closely withdevelopment teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Ensure designconsistency across channels
- Maintain styleguides/pattern library for graphics, icons and other brand assets
Here's whatyou'll bring to the team:
- Min. 3 - 6 years of experience ininteractive design and visual design in delivering great mobile experiences.
- Experience designing and launching mobile apps for android andiOS.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Interaction Design, Human FactorsEngineering, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or similar, orequivalent experience.
- The ability to convey concepts through wireframes, user flows, prototypes,and mockups
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Principle,Flinto, Invision, Framer, UXPin, etc.
- The ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress anddeliver on time
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and an abilityto tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work withconfidence
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies and how toincorporate UX design into the process
- Strong knowledge ofPowerPoint and/or Keynote to design impactful presentations for executive salespitches
- You understand thatgamification is not game design but instead combining UX with psychology tochange user behavior – and you love it!
Fortwo decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around theglobe. As technology gets more complicated, Asurion is working on revolutionaryprojects to empower customers to get the most of their devices and technologyecosystem. Partnering with the largest mobile carriers in the world, weoffer our 300 million customers award-winning, personalized assistance throughour Soluto Service. Our team in San Mateo is led byProduct/Design/Technology enthusiasts who are passionate about the applicationswe build for the millions of devices of our customers worldwide. Small,agile Journey Teams create MVPs through lean product development and discoveryin our 100% cloud-based environment that leverages the latest AWSservices. We lead the industry in innovation through our continuousresearch and testing of the latest technology and our unique platform, with itsadvance use of machine learning and Artificial Intelligence, can predict andresolve a problem before it even happens allowing personalized service to ourcustomers. We are real people, hereto help protect the connections that matter most.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top