Sr. User Experience Designer
UX Designer - Soluto Connect
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 14,000 employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our designers and engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Are you a compulsive problem solver with excellent visualization, collaboration and communication skills? Do you value collaborative design over designing on an island? Do you believe in measuring KPIs over undefined success metrics? Do you believe in nimble design over heavy wireframes, comps or spec documents?
We're looking for designers who are passionate about creating great user experiences, who thrive on solving real business problems, and who enjoy partnering with developers to bring the ideas to reality. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a Sr UX Designer at Asurion, here's what you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Influence product vision and strategy, user experience and UI design by bridging technology expertise and broader business knowledge to provide input into new product development
- Provide expert consultation to development teams, development leaders and management across the company on UX/UI standards and techniques and approach given project requirements.
- Drive the "build—measure—learn" cycle to turn ideas into MVP experiments, measure the effect on KPIs, and pivot or persevere based on results.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external customers. Achieve consensus, commitment and results though effective facilitation of differences of opinions.
- Understand complex systems, processes and the relationships between people and products
- Creatively solve problems at all levels of details, from the big picture to the nuts and bolts
- Work collaboratively with other designers, analysts, developers and product owners
- Analyze business and user requirements to create holistic design solutions that address business and user needs
- Develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes. Develop lo-fidelity mockups (wireframes, sketches) illustrating interaction patterns
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a UX design or development role
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or similar
- The ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools like Axure, iRise, ProtoShare, InVision, etc.
- The ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies and how to incorporate UX design into the process
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
Visual Design Skills:
- Should have explicit knowledge of multiple design tools related to visual design, ability to extend basic design tools via plugins or custom techniques is desired.
- Portfolio of elegant and visually appropriate designs that express a sensitivity to harmony and balance
- Clear knowledge of device and display requirements and limitations
- Expertise in color, layout and font selection and utilization.
- Displays knowledge of current design trends, will likely express a familiarity with design styles and frameworks (i.e. material design, responsive design, etc)
- Ability to communicate design principles to team members and defend design decisions within a collaborative environment.
If would be great if you also have:
- Experience in developing applications for call centers, trading platforms or other internal applications where efficiency and effectiveness are top priority
- Six Sigma certification and experience
- Experience with Lean UX principles
- Experience with production tools like Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator and the ability to create high-fidelity comps and visual treatments
- Experience conducting user testing and/or analytical research
- You must provide a link to your online portfolio with your application to be considered.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top