Sr User Experience Designer
Job Posting Title
Senior User Experience Designer
Are you a compulsive problem solver with excellent visualization, collaboration and communication skills? Do you value collaborative design over designing on an island? Do you believe in measuring KPIs over undefined success metrics? Do you believe in nimble design over heavy wireframes, comps or spec documents?
We are seeking a hybrid designer with expertise in both interaction and user interface design in order to create the requirements and visual design language of our product experience across our native mobile applications. This role requires the ability to be explorative and generative, but also to design experiences within the constraints of mobile guidelines. Our designers take ideas from concept to reality by working with multidisciplinary teams to design what is possible. Designers are expected to consider the project from a high level and how it fits in to an overall service, but also consider the fine details of User Interface components, labels and flows to help users achieve their goals.
We're looking for designers who are passionate about creating great user experiences, who thrive on solving real business problems, and who enjoy partnering with developers to bring the ideas to reality. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a User Experience Designer at Asurion, here's what you can expect to do:
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, tying together user needs, business goals and technical realities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Creatively solve problems at all levels of details, from the big picture to the nuts and bolts
- Work collaboratively with other designers, engineers, and product managers
- Develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes. Develop lo-fidelity mockups (wireframes, sketches) illustrating interaction patterns
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations.
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Ensure design consistency across channels
- Maintain style guides/pattern library for graphics, icons and other brand assets
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- 5- 6 years of experience in interactive design and visual design in delivering great mobile experiences.
- Experience designing and launching mobile apps for android and iOS.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or similar, or equivalent experience.
- The ability to convey concepts through wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and mockups
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Principle, Flinto, Invision, Framer, UXPin, etc.
- The ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies and how to incorporate UX design into the process
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and/or Keynote to design impactful presentations for executive sales pitches
- You understand that gamification is not game design but instead combining UX with psychology to change user behavior – and you love it!
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. As technology gets more complicated, Asurion is working on revolutionary projects to empower customers to get the most of their devices and technology ecosystem. Partnering with the largest mobile carriers in the world, we offer our 300 million customers award-winning, personalized assistance through our Soluto Service. Our team in San Mateo is led by Product/Design/Technology enthusiasts who are passionate about the applications we build for the millions of devices of our customers worldwide. Small, agile Journey Teams create MVPs through lean product development and discovery in our 100% cloud-based environment that leverages the latest AWS services. We lead the industry in innovation through our continuous research and testing of the latest technology and our unique platform, with its advance use of machine learning and Artificial Intelligence, can predict and resolve a problem before it even happens allowing personalized service to our customers. We are real people, here to help protect the connections that matter most.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top