You'll identify, develop new automation tools & approaches that will increase quality, development velocity, and decrease testing cost. You'll also identify E2E scenarios that exercise operational and business workflows and automate. You'll be part of a team which values open communication, empowerment, innovation, and career development. You will be responsible to execute semi-complex software engineering and technical assignments that involve programming, SDK's, analyze code changes to developing test strategy and white box testing. The SDET oversees all aspects of the application and functional testing activities for a given effort. The SDET will identify process improvements and will work with the team to enable continuous improvements. The SDET will mentor and coach other QA Engineers in improving the overall workflow of the team.
- Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles.
- Improve test automation development, testing and deployment.
- Become a product SME for all owned applications.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionality of services to as a prequel to automation.
- Conduct system performance and stress testing, work with stakeholders determining the volume to be used during the performance test.
- Work directly with engineering & non-engineering stakeholders to implement best in class quality standards.
- Own and manage key automation metrics including (but not limited to): Automation Utilization, Automation Penetration, Upfront Automation, Pass/Fail rate.
- Attend and contribute to design discussions, code review, and requirements gathering sessions to gain technical insight for the application(s) being built.
- Own defect tracking and follow up.
Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 8+ years of relevant experience in the Software Development Engineer, Test role OR Master's Degree in Computer Science and 6+ years of relevant experience in SDET; OR comparable experience and/or training.
Experience, Skill-sets, & Personal Competencies:
- Minimum of 6-8 years hands-on coding experience and test automation development frameworks.
- Strong scripting skills in any one of the object-oriented programming languages, preferably Java.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, QA frameworks, metrics to constantly challenge and improve entire enterprise technology stack.
- Ability to understand business requirements through analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with a commitment to delivering on aggressive deadlines.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- Ability to operate in an agile work environment.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, TestNG & Cucumber.
- Experience automating functional, integration, performance (JMeter or similar) and security testing.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and RESTful API's.
- Experience with Git and Bitbucket repositories.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, continuous integration, and Docker
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.