Sr. Project Manager, Customer Solutions
The Sr. Project Manager position will work closely with the Director and Sr. Manager of the PMO and internal customer base to understand business goals and solution needs. Working with the business owner, the Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for hands on crafting of the measure of success for the project which is expected to encompass goals, objectives, strategy, scope, budget, communication plan, scheduling, risk mitigation strategies, contingency plans, approach, requirements, deliverables, timelines, work breakdown structures, use cases, test cases, training needs, etc. as necessary for a successful project delivery. The Sr. Project Manager will manage multiple projects simultaneously as they are approved through Customer Solutions intake process.
- The Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement detailed project plans for implementation and operational execution.
- Overall project/program administration, including planning, directing and controlling resources in complex work-scope projects to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Estimate budgets and track costs of projects/programs.
- Ensure projects/program progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Facilitate resolution of issues; escalate issues to project steering committee or appropriate governing group.
- Prepare project/program status reports.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Develop and maintain project documentation.
- Ensure that all project/program deliverables are consistent with Asurion technical architecture and standards.
- Define and implement continuous project risk analysis and required corrective actions.
- Support user acceptance testing and training.
- Lead hand-over processes to the logical ultimate owner(s) of the changed area(s).
- Ensure action items and tasks are actively managed and completed in a timely manner.
- Develop recommendations to business owners on most effective means of delivering project value.
- Develop strong relationships with executives and management from project-impacting functional areas.
- Manage customer expectations; meet or exceed their expectations through successfully implementing changes to meet their needs.
- BA/BS Degree required; Preferably in Business Management or associated field.
- 5 years of experience managing complex projects/programs.
- PMP certification desired.
- Background in IT and business unit(s) is a must and with preference being to candidates who have recent experience in a business unit.
- Demonstrated successful track record in leading large projects/programs in complex environments.
- Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage projects in a cross functional environment.
- Superior problem solving, communication and negotiation skills including effective leadership, planning and motivational capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in project management tools and procedures.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with all members of project teams.
- Understanding of how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to drive results, solve problems, and escalate risks/issues as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuade others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to push hard and affect positive change fast in a dynamic high standards environment while maintaining a positive approach with peers and subordinates.
- Proficient with MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Office suite
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top