Sr Product Designer
Sr. Product Designer
For twenty years, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. We help our customers use technology; we build digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and we replace lost, stolen, and damaged devices. We do all this through our partnerships with the leading wireless companies, retailers, cable and satellite providers. Their products, along with our services, give customers a truly unique experience and unmatched value.
Bottom line - we're a technology company with an amazing group of people working to solve our customer's problems. When our customers call us, they talk to people with the patience and experience to genuinely help. Our 17,000+ employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 million consumers. At Asurion, we foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference - for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that every team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Asurion is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace. Learn more about Asurion - Life's Operating System at www.asurion.com.
Product Designers transform complex tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers. To do this, you'll be involved in every aspect of the product development process where you will work side-by-side with other designers, product managers and engineers to understand our customer's problems and build solutions that solve their problems and delight them. You'll flex your full range of interaction design, user research and visual design muscles as you'll look at customer interactions across multiple touch points or platforms.
As a seasoned veteran, you can craft experiences for any channel or platform, and you are a leader in the creation of business and consumer product experiences. You can work without close supervision, but you seek out and welcome feedback from other designers and partners.
You love to tackle complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, and your solutions merge with a larger structure to create a cohesive design ecosystem.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll be leading the product design for a Journey Team and will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of how our customers interact with the product.
- You'll be the strongest advocate for our customers by contributing from the product design strategy all the way to the UI details.
- You'll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and other designers on the team.
- You'll take initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the product offering
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end product design process, including how to develop and use IA, journey mapping, prototyping, user stories, user testing, visual design and wireframing
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as being comfortable designing in an iterative way to learn and adapt.
- Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Experience negotiating business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior designer or equivalent practical experience preferred
- Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web based applications, mobile applications and consumer facing websites and/or applications.
- Competitive salary
- Enrollment in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Collaborative workspaces
- Career development, programs and classes
- Culture of learning
- Diversity and Inclusion programs
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top