Sr. NodeJS Developer
The Software Developer is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Developer will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements. The Software Developer will participate in code reviews and with all development-related activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer (Node.js Developer) is responsible for the development of all server-side logic in Node.js and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Additionally, they will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements into the application and a full ownership of CI/CD with comprehensive test coverage.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
Skills And Qualifications:
- 3+ years Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it ex Express, StrongLoop, etc
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Basic understanding of AWS IaaS and PasS offerings desirable.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like xml, json
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices
- Experience/exposure with various database engine technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL and others.
- BSc in computer sciences, Information Technology or related field
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top