Sr. Manager, Talent & Organizational Effectiveness
Sr. Manager, Talent & Organizational Effectiveness
This position is responsible for the identification of current and future talent needs, trends, and strategies, improving existing processes in the implementation Talent Review process and related projects for the global enterprise. This role is a partner, collaborator, and coach to the functional HRBPs and leadership teams to ensure they take action on their talent strategies, talent development and internal mobility planning and execution. This position assists in ensuring linkage across all talent management practices, thereby fostering a comprehensive approach and providing meaningful value to the business. This position will assist in creating processes that ensure that we create a development culture and that individuals, critical to the organization, receive the right development opportunities. As the organization works to build a coaching practice, this individual will be involved in delivering and coordinating coaching solutions to Directors/Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Talent Management - Design & Process - 30%
• Manage annual talent review and succession planning process ensuring robust communication, training, team calibration sessions and follow up of action items throughout the year. Champion completion of strategic talent actions developed through this process. Ensuring robust follow through (Quarterly Reviews) and understand changing talent needs between annual Talent Review process.
• Working with Talent Analyst maintain data in Workday related to talent reviews, succession planning, etc.
• Scan the external environment to identify evolving trends in the workforce/labor market; benchmarking and pulling in best practices in talent management solutions.
• Drive process improvements and leveraging data to increase bench strength and mobility throughout the organization.
• Connect with top potential and high potential talent (up to Director level) assisting in their development and career steps
• Independently design moderately complex talent management solutions/systems leveraging knowledge of required supporting structure(s). Analyze and make recommendations regarding supporting technology solutions.
• Lead the enterprise change management process for new program/initiative launches.
• Design tools to measure program/initiative effectiveness and return-on-investment.
• Create and manage internal talent database using information to create cross-function movement, increased understanding of internal talent & their needs/desires and partner with HRBPs, recruiting and business leaders to assist with internal talent moves
• Understand and stay current on evolving software, technology and applications in the talent space. May recommends where new approaches are desirable. Act as the project champion for system/software upgrades or changes.
Talent Ecosystem- 30%
• Assist Director with creating methodology and strategy for integrating and aligning all talent processes to create a smooth, simple to use platform that brings together all talent processes within the employee lifecycle.
Quarterly TR Check-in & Monitoring Actions - 25%
• Provide ongoing guidance and measurement of quarterly actions based on goals from Talent Review Process.
• Create success measures and scorecard to evaluate internal bench strength
• Assist functions with TR meetings and Succession planning activities
Internal Linked-in/Brokerage for Talent - 20%
• Determine best approach for understanding talent capabilities and how/where to capture.
• Work with Talent Acquisitions to provide information on potential candidates.
• Determine Storage and tracking mechanism
• Create culture of internal mobility of talent via assignments, projects and open positions - supporting the Talent Ecosystem methodology .
Key Leadership Competencies: • Relationship building: Demonstrated ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels (but in particular senior and executive leadership).
• Drive for results: Ability to set ambitious goals and effectively plan and execute to achieve them.
• Influencing: Demonstrate influencing skills, presence, and confidence necessary to secure commitment and lead the implementation of relevant programs across multiple levels in the organization, from individual contributors to Senior Vice Presidents
• Analytical and critical thinking skills: Ability to receive initial guidance and then work independently to recommend suggested approaches.
• Customer orientation: Ability to understand our internal customer's needs and respond to them with solutions that exceed their expectations.
• Execute with Excellence: Develop solutions and consistently execute against those commitments and act with the customer's best interest in mind.
• Broad understanding and demonstrated application of multiple talent frameworks, methodologies, and approaches
• Successful track record of implementing large scale talent management initiatives applying change management frameworks
• Proven experience in determining key performance indicators associated with initiatives and measuring change impact
• Ability to project manage large scale initiatives involving multiple stakeholders and aggressive timelines
• Keen interest in staying abreast of the latest innovations and technology in the talent management & individual development space.
• Master's degree in Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field
• 7+ years of talent management related experience
• Workday knowledge or similar talent system experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation (including PowerPoint) skills
• Strong coaching and feedback skills
• Project experience implementing global initiatives
Desired Certifications (but not required)
• Coaching certification
• 360 degree feedback tools (Korn Ferry, CCL, etc.)
• Assessment certifications (MBTI, DISC, Hogan)
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top