Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Global Process Owner
The Senior Manager of Supply Chain Global BusinessProcesses, as part of the global process team, is responsible for activelyparticipating in the development and continuous improvement of global systems,policies, processes, and identifying opportunities to improve the applicationof existing and new processes as it pertains to Supply Chain and relatedFinance activities for Microsoft Dynamic AX7 (2016).
The Senior Manager, Global Business Process is responsiblefor understanding, documenting and shaping the global processes and systemsrelated to a designated area or areas of specialization in Supply ChainManagement. This person will drivesystems functionality decisions and prioritization for their specific globalfunctional area for development and launch of new global ERP solution onMicrosoft Dynamics AX7. This person willalso provide oversight and governance for global change occurring in legacy ERPplatforms (DAX 2009) and ensure any changes made during the global AX upgradeduration (approximately 3.5 years).
There will be 5 global business process owners to cover thefollowing Finance and Supply Chain subject areas: General Ledger, Fixed Assets,Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Accounting, InventoryAccounting, Procurement, Planning/Scheduling, Forward and Reverse Logistics,Production & Repair Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible forchampioning the global strategy and optimizing process performance for theirspecific global functional area(s).
- Decision makerfor global leading/best practice process changes and priorities within theirspecific global functional area(s).
- Work with the regional teamsresponsible for their specific global functional area(s) to document the commoncore processes as well as any regional deviations.
- Participate in the definition and implementationof a common core for their specific global functional area(s) systemcapabilities through the Microsoft Dynamics AX Upgrade project, including theidentification and rationalization of any global supporting system solutions.
- Provide business support for their specificglobal functional area(s) for the ongoing regional rollout of the MicrosoftDynamics AX Upgrade project
- Provide training strategy input to IT related functionalitybeing delivered for their specific global functional area(s).
- Oversee process documentation and trainingmaterial “freshness” as new functionality is introduced.
- Facilitate requisite changemanagement for business process changes for their specific global functionalarea(s).
- With input from regional peers, rationalize globalproject and Continuous Improvement requests impacting their specific globalfunctional area(s).
- Decide when todeviate from standard processes by client or region
- Ensure alignment/ agreement across all regions (and adjacent functions if required)
- Ensure thatoptimizations at the regional level do not sub-optimize at the global level
- Establish andalign regional metrics with the overall organizational metrics
- Streamline communication across regionsfor their specific global functional area(s) and ensure that leading/bestpractices and ideas are shared real time with all regions
- Use understandingof Asurion’s business and cross-functional interactions to streamlinecommunication across functions (facilitate end-to-end process optimization)
- Leverage global process knowledgeto provide expertise for their specific global functional area(s) in support ofnew program launches and system solutions
- Strongoperational execution skills/experience in manufacturing and logistics.
- Subject matter expertise relatedto manufacturing and logistics processes and functions for one or more regionsand/or a capability and willingness to learn a functional area.
- Systems aptitudeand proficiency in Asurion financial and supply chain operational software,i.e. Microsoft Dynamics AX, Basics and any other applications used by AsurionFinance or Supply Chain Management functions
- Ability to decompose complex processesinto sub-processes with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in defining detailedbusiness requirements and driving process change
- Experience with change management and rootcause analysis techniques
- Ability to build strongrelationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility, i.e.strong collaboration skills
- Organizational agility — experiencein collaboration in a matrix-managed environment, and across multiple anddiverse groups
- Ability toestablish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives withminimal supervision
- Ability to managemultiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to deliver analysis and data onoperational performance
- Flexible and open to new ideas with the abilityto understand issues from corporate, regional and local perspective whilemaintaining Customer focus.
- Proven ability towork well with external and internal customers
- Excellent oral, written and presentationskills; communicates and collaborates effectively with diverse people at variousorganization levels with the right level of detail and cultural sensitivity.
- Active listening skills to understandbusiness needs and steer business team to take decisions that haveenterprise-wide impact
- Positive attitudeand strong team orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree(preferably Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Accounting) or a related field
- 7-10 years of relevantexperience in Finance, Supply Chain or ERP Systems Exposure
- Ability to travelworldwide as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and requirements
- 5 or more years influencingstakeholders at senior leadership level
- Deep knowledge ofMicrosoft Dynamics AX or some other ERP is highly desirable
- Strong PC skillsincluding a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and Powerpoint
This position requires theability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions,correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technicaldocuments. In addition, the ability torespond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitiveand/or confidential communications is required. Japanese, Chinese or French language skills are highly desirable.
This position requires proficiency in a variety of financeand/or supply chain ERP systems and office applications including but notlimited to, Microsoft Office Suite.
This position has a strong preference for candidates with proficiencyin the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, MicrosoftAX7 or experience with another global ERP application and a willingness to obtainproficiency in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX7.
This positions requires advanced mathematical andstatistical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide andinterpret complex numbers, financial and operational data and reports. Ability and experience constructingcost/benefit analysis is highly desireable.
No additional certificates, licenses or registrations arerequired for this position.
The physical demands and working conditions of this positionare similar to those found in a standard office environment. Employee may spend 4-8 per day sitting andworking at a computer. The ability toadjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit forprolonged periods are needed for this position.
Regular international travel will be required. Travel expected 25-50% of time.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these arethe only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required tofollow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested byhis or her supervisor(s). Thisdescription is subject to review and modification at any time withoutnotification.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top