Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for thedevelopment and implementation of strategic sourcing plans for a set ofproducts and services that are utilized globally across Asurion’s variousbusiness units and locations. Primary emphasiswill be on indirect spend categories with focus on Supply Chain, Packaging,Logistics Procurement, Facilities and Consumable Items. This person will provide thought leadershipfrom a procurement perspective, collaborate with and influence businesspartners to consider new and creative sourcing strategies. This position will also manage and coordinateongoing supplier selection and management processes. This position will provide leadership,business transformation collaboration, creative problem solving, and projectmanagement along with strategic procurement support globally. This role reports into the Sr. Manager,Indirect Procurement.
- Perform spend analysis based on severaldifferent sources of information / data, prepares financial models, identifiesopportunities for efficiency gains and cost savings, and presents business caseresults and recommendations to internal business partners
- Gathers technical business requirements frominternal business partners and perform RFP and / or other appropriate sourcingstrategies (Rfx)
- Negotiates and manages enterprise wide globalcontracts with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Targets categories, initiates corporateagreements, builds supplier relationships, negotiates industry competitivepricing models, service levels and support for internal customers
- Forecast timely price and availabilityinformation on assigned commodities / suppliers to enable efficient decisionsto support global strategies
- Provides input and / or author policies andprocedures for related spend governance programs and purchasing policies.
- May outsource and/or source for large suppliersfor certain categories such as Facility Management, Energy consumption,Packaging, MRO, Logistics 3PL and Consumable items.
- Network externally to facilitate competitiveintelligence including best practices, emerging / potential sources ofcompetitive advantage, market pricing, benchmarking
- Track and report savings / business value foreach executed strategy / RFP.
- Interacts with business partner to develop,engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value incost, security of supply, risk management, sustainability and innovation. Manage the ongoing performance of oursuppliers including objective setting and supplier evaluations wherewarranted. Lead cross-functional teamsto achieve desired value added results.
- Effective executive communication at Directorand VP level.
- Be recognized as global subject matter expert bybusiness partners, and valued member of the team. Create value as a trusted business partnerand demonstrate leadership capabilities.
Specific Skillsand Experience
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise judgment inselecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results,and ensuring that project goals, schedules and performance requirements areachieved. Demonstrated projectmanagement skills
- Exceptional negotiations skills/ contractdevelopment skills / analysis skills
- Thorough price / cost analysis / strong financialacumen
- Strong strategic / long term critical thinkingand transformational mind set
- An understanding of risk management and itsimplications
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills andthe ability to work with a diverse set of people, including executive levels ofmanagement (VP level and above)
- Proven ability to drive decisions throughinfluence. Must demonstrate ability tointegrate and be accountable for results with cross functional businesspartners.
- Demonstrates the ability to present solutions inambiguous and difficult situations while maintaining positive win-winpartnerships
- Self-starter, self-motivation to drive resultswith proven business and financial acumen. Takes responsibility and accountability to make key decisions.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling difficultclients and being able to influence positive results
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsalong with executive presentation skills
- Global interaction and communication skills
- Bias for action and deals with ambiguity
- Key competencies to include: Business Acumen;Financial Acumen; Drive for Results; Collaboration; Influencer; StrategicVision; Critical Thinking; Problem Solver.
- Request 8 years’ experience with focus onstrategic sourcing, contract negotiations, problem solving and businesstransformation success
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred orequivalent combination of experience and education
Back to top