Sr. Manager, Staff Counsel
The Sr. Manager, Counsel position in Asurion's Legal Department requires 3 or more years of relevant experience, excellent contract drafting skills, and strong negotiation and communication skills. The Sr. Manager, Counsel will support the organization on a wide variety of matters, including various types of transactions (e.g., vendor and supply chain contracting activity, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, software license and other business agreements), operational matters, and other areas on an as-needed basis.
The Sr. Manager, Counsel will have significant interaction with business managers and outside counsel, so he/she must possess strong judgment, collaborative problem solving skills and be quick, sharp, and confident.
- Responsible for leading legal efforts on key contract issues, including drafting agreements, leading negotiations and overseeing the maintenance and administration of vendor contracts
- Responsible for advising internal clients on legal and operational issues
- Responsible for managing outside counsel to the Company, including identifying and developing relationships with outside counsel that have specific expertise relevant to the Company and managing expenses associated with outside attorneys
- Other duties as required based on business and legal needs
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and an active license to practice law
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Prior top law firm training strongly preferred
- Exposure to a variety of issues, including contract drafting and negotiation strongly preferred
- Must possess sound character, excellent legal and business judgment; be self-assured, sharp, politic and able/willing to learn new areas of law
- Excellent contract drafting skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills and the ability to work well with business colleagues, outside counsel and opposing counsel
- Confident (but not arrogant) and able to build strong internal relationships
- Nimble, with the ability to prioritize, work without supervision, and manage effectively a large variety and number of matters
- Ability to provide creative, business-oriented legal advice in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Occasional travel possible
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top