Sr Manager Payment Fraud
This position will work cross-functionally with IT, Customer Care, Subscriber Billing, and Legal/Regulatory to create and develop innovative proactive approaches to mitigating fraud. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in complex problem solving, ability to challenge assumptions, consider alternative perspectives, perform in high-stress situations, and operate well in a collaborative environment. This role will primarily focus of combating fraud in the payment space, but will also play an integral role in Asurion's overall fraud strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, test and implement new innovative approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new fraud strategies in the payment space.
- Perform as the subject matter expert in identifying new and potential threats in the payment environment. Able to succinctly define threats and identify and implement countermeasures to prevent compromises and losses.
- Internal thought leader, interpreting internal/external business challenges, identifying and evaluating opportunities to mitigate fraudulent behavior, and recommending improvements
- Expertise in identifying charge back causation and prevention through data analytics
- Utilization of analytical tools such as PowerPivot, Spotfire, R, JMP, etc.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; T-SQL querying experience strongly preferred
- Robust business acumen and communication skills appropriate to working at all levels of the organization.
- Represent Payment Fraud as subject-matter expert. Report out to cross-function leadership, including Sr. Leadership on trends and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build models needed to understand issues at a detailed level and forecast impacts of change.
- Ability to anticipate problems, opportunities, and the initiative to pursue solutions.
- Staff management responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, monitoring and directing work assignments, conducting performance evaluations, addressing disciplinary issues, coaching, mentoring and enforcing departmental and company policies and practices.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Payment Card Industry (PCI) controls
- Strong technical aptitude and experience in bank card operations and payment systems
- The role will require robust analytics, advanced problem solving skills, and the ability to clearly articulate ideas not only verbally, but also through high quality presentations.
- Very explicit and concise writing
- Ability to explain difficult technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to apply mathematical and statistical principles in problem solving
- Gathers evidence through research
- Quantitative thinker
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- Data Science background preferred
- 7 years' work experience in insurance, information technology, fraud, cyber security or banking with considerable experience in payment processing or fraud
- At least 3 years' experience in management role – leading and directing work of others
- Extensive and proven experience of industry knowledge for multi-channel gateway, acquiring, accepting and issuing payment businesses. Possess detailed knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends within payment risk management.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Adjuster License - Property & Casualty (applicant will be required to sit for the exam); Must obtain and maintain license throughout assignment.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 4-8 hours per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication utilizing a headset.
Work environment: Primary work location is Ragland office in Nashville; open workspaces. May require limited travel to other locations or conferences.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top