Sr. Manager – Global Procurement & Supplier Management - Will be located in Dallas
The Sr. Manager of Global Procurement & Supplier Management will fill a key role within the Procurement and Supplier Management organization. This position will have primary responsibility for leading and developing teams to define and implement the sourcing and supplier management strategy for Asurion. This position will lead a team that oversees the relationship management of external suppliers; including but not limited to delivery, quality cost and overall business performance. Objectives include development of strategic and tactical solutions to optimize the supply chain and to drive performance based on business impacting metrics and service level agreements. The Sr. Manager will also be responsible for coordinating several initiatives across internal Asurion departments and supplier contacts. The ability to build and maintain global relationships and thrive in global, cross-matrix team environment is critical to the success of this position.
The candidate must be customer centric and self-sufficient and be able to balance the demands of delivering results in the short term while helping steer the Company in delivering on its long-term business model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages a global high performing team that partners with suppliers, internal customers and other supply chain departments to provide sourcing solutions for the business.
- Creates, defines and implements sourcing strategy, including supplier selection, for area of responsibility
- Leads a team that is responsible for best in class supplier performance through the use of balanced scorecards, compliance requirements, daily or weekly communication, MBRs, QBRs and implementation of supplier qualification & disqualification procedures as required.
- Establish and sustain strong customer relationship management through effective communication and support for all internal customers.
- Leads negotiation and negotiating teams around contractual terms and conditions, pricing, service levels, and repair agreements to minimize the Total Cost of Ownership with suppliers. Acts as the point of accountability for escalation and arbitration for supplier related issues.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships with external suppliers. Gains understanding of each supplier's internal supply chain processes and uses this information to benefit the overall Asurion supply chain.
- Manage and execute regular RFI/RFP/RFQ processes to drive competition
- Manage weekly and monthly data to monitor supplier performance, identify cost reduction opportunities, and create competition. Works hand in hand with internal teams to ensure suppliers are performing and kept cost competitive.
- Operational activities of supplier management include communicating and resolving daily issues between internal organizations and suppliers, leading weekly cross-functional team calls to cover open issues, actively working/monitoring quality and performance issues.
- Must be able to build strong internal relationships and be able work collectively/collaboratively across the organization
- Responsible for improving procurement and other internal processes to support operational efficiencies.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams such as demand planning, operations quality and finance to effectively drive accurate material forecasting, purchasing, compliance and standardized processes that enable continuity of supply, reduces E&O exposure, lowers material cost and ensures compliance.
- Coach and mentor the team to continuously improve performance. Evaluate individual and team performance against agreed objectives and appropriate feedback.
- Maintain a high level of morale and energy and ability to point to previous experiences where they have "energized" a team to perform and deliver against stretch expectations.
- Ability to establish a high degree of accountability across their organization through both performance measurement and clear communications.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership level positions.
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
- BS/BA Degree or Minimum 5 years in supply chain or procurement related role. MBA Preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions.
- An individual who is self-confident, competent, outgoing, and independent with a straight forward personality and executive presence.
- Entrepreneurial appreciation; talent for leading change to achieve best results.
- Fits well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and action-orientated managers with increasing responsibility and challenge.
- Comfortable working with very sensitive data and able to maintain a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to excel in working within an open, flexible, results-oriented, performance based environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of people in the company and in the client world.
- Proven ability in a "rapid growth environment".
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to react, in a proactive way to 'crisis' situations
- Strong negotiating and team-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to be self-managed and set priorities
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top