Sr. Manager, Design
For twenty years, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. We help our customers use technology; we build digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and we replace lost, stolen, and damaged devices. We do all this through our partnerships with the leading wireless companies, retailers, cable and satellite providers. Their products, along with our services, give customers a truly unique experience and unmatched value.
Bottom line - we're a technology company with an amazing group of people working to solve our customer's problems. When our customers call us, they talk to people with the patience and experience to genuinely help. Our 17,000+ employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 million consumers. At Asurion, we foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference - for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that every team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Asurion is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace. Learn more about Asurion - Life's Operating System at www.asurion.com.
Asurion is looking for a Product Design Leader for our Memories product. Memories is a white label app that solves the problem of backing up photos and videos for our insurance customers. Memories is a native Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asurion.android.mediabackup.vault&hl=en_US) and iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memories-photos-and-videos/id1102912980?mt=8) that is currently used by AT&T, Sprint and Bell.
As the Product Design Leader you will lead a team of designers as we explore solving problems for our customers. You'll be involved in every aspect of the product development process where you will work side-by-side with the Product Management Leader and Engineering Leader to guide, coach and mentor the Product teams within Memories as they work to understand our customer's problems and build solutions that solve their problems and delight them. You'll be able to coach designers across the full range of interaction design, user research, content strategy and visual design across multiple touchpoints or platforms. You will be the manager, coach and mentor to team members and promotes the philosophy and attitude of the Product Design team. This person helps on a daily basis to establish an environment of Design Thinking in the Memories team, across the San Mateo office and promotes shared learning.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead with a vision and a relentless passion for excellence to the smallest of details.
- Be responsible for alignment and design consistency across Memories.
- Develop world-class designers, through coaching and mentoring.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure a smooth product development process
- Help build and strengthen a culture of design leadership, both within Memories and across the San Mateo office.
- Encourage a culture of curiosity, tenacity, respect and optimism
- Promote collaboration and constructive critique
- Define and evangelize the overall customer journey. Drive an intellectual, market-based, and business outcome/success metric driven process with a commitment to grow Asurion's business
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Serve as a representative of Asurion to the broader design community.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years experience in product design, product management/development, marketing, or related experience
- 2+ years leading designers with success mentoring designers and hiring design talent
- Expertise in design thinking, tools, and techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Strong selling, relationship and consultation skills
- Strong collaboration and cross functional partnership skills; ability to influence internal colleagues from all business functions
- Strong communication/presentation skills and executive presence
- Ability to present highly complex results and requirements to senior levels
- Ability to drive and appropriately prioritize product requirements
- Strong business acumen and financial skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage large scale projects/programs
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- Competitive salary
- Enrollment in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Culture of learning
- Diversity and Inclusion programs
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top