Sr. Manager, Corporate Real Estate
JOB PURPOSE: The Senior Manager, Real Estate Portfolio Management will be responsible for supporting dynamic and complex global real estate strategies and transactions that impact the bottom line and require broad cross functional engagement at all levels in the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively inform and drive real estate portfolio and transaction decisions across global portfolio (Americas, Japan, APAC & Europe) including gathering, analysis and reporting on real estate portfolio
- Demand/Supply planning
- Labor analytics
- Operational performance
- Market / Site selection
- Ability to generate, interpret and communicate financial and economic data
- Decision support and option analysis
- Vendor Management
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of real estate and financial markets to deliver value to the enterprise. Pro-actively monitor industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities and create execution plans. Analyze complex information in a high change environment to deliver optimal strategic outcomes.
- Work with business units and cross-functional teams to set project goals and manage real estate transactions to successful outcomes including but not limited to lease renewals, relocations, acquisitions & dispositions, as well as supporting documentation such as estoppels and SNDAs.
- Implement cross functional labor and analytics activities globally to ensure adequate pipeline of approved markets are identified to support business goals.
- Support real estate team and external partners (brokers, vendors, etc) to achieve global real estate strategies, in compliance with all relevant regulations, standards and processes and consistent with Asurion’s Core Values. Support negotiations with external parties to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for lease administration and ensuring all lease obligations are met across all phases of life cycle and ensure all work conducted in compliance with internal processes and policies and best practices.
- Create, maintain and archive appropriate documentation (including processes, playbooks, spreadsheets, presentations) to support all work in accordance with corporate policies and best practices. Responsible for accuracy and completeness of global lease repository/notification system.
- Lead proactive integration of real estate costs into corporate budgeting and accounting processes.
- Build and maintain effective strategic and tactical working relationships with key internal and external partners including Operations, Finance, IT, Risk/Insurance, Legal, Procurement, HR/Recruiting, external brokers, consultants, and landlords. Engage in the management and evaluation of external partners (brokers, vendors, etc) to achieve business objectives.
- Proactively identify and lead cross-functional continuous improvement efforts related to the real estate function, ensuring effective and efficient processes, systems, and resource utilization.
- Develop and deliver concise and impactful presentations to support real estate decision making including preparing Excel and PowerPoint summaries on business unit data to determine size, scope, and potential impact of projects to assist with Senior Leadership decisions on prioritization of projects and department resources
- Complete other tasks as may be assigned by Director of Real Estate
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of four to six years of real estate, finance, analytics, operations strategy or related experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams through complex projects or negotiations.
- Exceptional business and financial analytics skills, including ability to analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in rapidly changing situations.
- Requires advanced knowledge of finance/accounting terms and principles.
- Excellent project/program management skills with ability to multi-task and manage projects in high change environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels of the organization. ability to make group presentations
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word is required
- This position may require travel.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top