Sr Manager Accounting
The Sr Mgr, A&R and Controls will play a key role within the Finance organization, and will be responsible for leading and / or participating in a number of key initiatives within the accounting and reporting functions. The scope of this position will remain flexible, allowing for focused efforts in troublesome accounting and reporting areas or areas of weak processes or controls. The successful candidate will mirror this flexibility in both their skillset and work style. The ideal candidate will have exceptional accounting and financial competence, process and financial controls skills, a strong business acumen, executive presence, and leadership capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit regional accounting teams on a regular basis to conduct balance sheet and reconciliation reviews as well as reviews of estimations and unusual or complex accounting processes and controls. Provide and help implement recommendations to improve process efficiency and control effectiveness. Identify high risk balances for additional oversight and scrutiny.
- Lead and dedicate significant effort to new accounting standard implementations – revenue recognition, leasing, and short-duration insurance contracts in the next 6-12 months. Regularly report on and show progress.
- Responsibility for ongoing global accounting process and policy standardization. Select 2-3 areas per 6 months with frequent, regular progress (e.g. inventory costing, including standard costing and PPV accounting).
- Serve as a key resource internally for researching technical accounting guidance & application. Supervise the preparation of accounting memos and in certain instances prepare on complicated technical accounting matters.
- Maintain documentation over intercompany eliminations. Lead and regularly show progress on the Company's initiative to clean-up intercompany activity and equity accounts.
- Enhance the documentation of key internal controls and procedures, also developing policies when necessary. Identify best practices and create ideas for process improvements or automation.
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- Current CPA certification
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (MBA or advanced degree viewed favorably)
- 8 years of related professional experience; public accounting experience highly desired
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP (IFRS experience viewed favorably)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with Microsoft DAX and/or Hyperion a plus
- Exceptional problem solving skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to travel internationally as much as 15-20% of the year
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- An individual that takes complete ownership of any project to ensure the successful completion of the project, but also collaborates with and brings other "owners" into the project
- Comfortable working with very sensitive data and able to maintain a high degree of discretion
- Professional demeanor and personal integrity beyond reproach
- Ability to meet the demands of a rapidly growing, fast paced, complex and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to develop trust between the accounting group and the operational and other finance areas of the Company
- Ability to hold people accountable without hurting relationships
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top