Sr. Java Developer
AtAsurion, we don't just redefine—we reinvent. We began by establishing a culturethat rewards results and is not confined by hierarchy. As a result we haveachieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong asever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members areencouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients, customers, andthemselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our17,000 team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, whileat the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, andinnovate quickly. We embrace cloud solutions, continuous delivery and LeanStartup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step ofthe way, working with various teams including product, user experience, callcenter operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fastdecisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendousimpact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensureperformance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product thatdelivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideaswith your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on yourknowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who are passionateabout developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, andenjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
- Develop effective,maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follow establishedcoding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develop automated unittest cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversee and conductscode reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architecturalstandards
- Work with BAs andIntegration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functionalrequirements
- Work with and leads offshore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integratingon-shore and off-shore code
- Show a strong attentionto development detail, produces high-quality code
- Assists the Manager andSr. Manager with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Partners with businessteams, development, and IT support to drive creation of processes andprocedures
- Maintain expertise inthe application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department'sscope
- Maintain expertise inthe business processes that drive the applications within the department'sscope
- Maintain a workingknowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able tounderstand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-processimpacts.
- Coordinate scheduledad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensure the appropriateadherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within thetesting team.
- Provide proper statusnotifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations forinternal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicatesthe feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/orSr. Manager.
- Utilize design patternsthat comply with security policies and guidelines
- BS in Computer Science,Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
- 5 or more years ofsoftware development experience required
- Experience being atechnical leader preferred
- Specificknowledge/experience in one or more of the following:
- Application Architecture
- Java, Scala, ReactJS,HTML, XML, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL, and DBMS (e.g., SQL Server,Oracle)
- Strong OOD / OOPknowledge
- Reactive Programming
- Single Page WebApplication experience
- Multithreaded WebApplication experience
- Creation of Physical andLogical design documents
- Developing applicationsservicing large transactional system utilizing SQL Server and/or otherequivalent large scal DBMS (e.g. Oracle)
- Experience withobject-oriented design and implementation
- Ability to design andimplement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and crossdatabase environments, provide scalability and two-node implementation
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top