Sr Fraud Analyst
We are looking to add an integral member to our Fraud Management team. The Senior Internal Fraud Analyst is responsible for applying data mining and analysis techniques to identify fraud trends across all carriers and employee groups. This individual will utilize findings to recommend processes and/ or procedures to mitigate losses, as well as to engage law enforcement, where appropriate, to prosecute and realize asset recovery. The Senior Internal Fraud Analyst will have demonstrated in past roles the ability to work effectively with limited supervision on fraud related tasks and projects, drive results, and build positive relationships with coworkers and customers (both internal and external).
The ideal candidate will have a high level of collaboration with other Fraud Analysts within Fraud Management and extensive involvement with multiple Program Management, Human Resources, Security and Legal groups. The candidate should also be able to analyze large volumes of data from disparate data sources and identity outliers, discreet patterns, red flag behaviors and potential fraudulent activities. The Senior Internal Fraud Analyst will have a strong interest in complex problem solving, process improvement, the ability to challenge assumptions and consider alternative perspectives, is able to think quickly and perform in high-stress situations, and operate well in a strong team environment.
- Analyze data sets and behavior patterns as well as utilize fraud detection tools to source new case leads. Utilize historic reporting to identify long term trends and larger fraud schemes.
- Utilize findings of internal fraud cases to develop new reports and suggest improvements to existing reports
- Periodically meet with Customer Solutions leadership and constituents to identify internal fraud vulnerabilities
- Identify and investigate complex and sensitive fraud cases which may contain material business exposures
- Ensure that cases are researched, documented and completed in accordance with departmental, regulatory and compliance reporting standards
- Maintain confidentiality of all investigation materials and case documents
- Evaluate investigative findings and draft clear and concise investigative reports
- Present case reports to small group of stakeholders and recommend resolution
- Liaise with IT, Legal, Care and HR departments and clients regarding investigations. Notify senior leadership when trends emerge and champion a solution based process to mitigate fraud going forward.
- Interact with all levels of law enforcement (including local and Federal agencies) as well as regulatory departments, acting as a subject matter expert for internal fraud
- Understand and quantify risks associated with new or proposed processes or procedural changes, representing the internal fraud team in project groups and planning meetings
- Determine fraud policies and adherence and communicate to appropriate segments of the organization when there are deviations from policies
- Provide fraud awareness training
- Assist in implementation of new fraud detection tools including testing, deployment and determining optimal usage. Identify how tools and resources used by the fraud team can be utilized by other departments and facilitate the flow of information.
- Champion projects related to internal fraud detection and prevention
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging fraud related practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in professional organizations
- Interest and willingness to mentor junior team members
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- The primary work location for this role is the Nashville Ragland facility. On occasion, travel to other locations may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 to 4 years of fraud investigation or quantitative analysis experience with financial services, IT, Human Resources, auditing, property/casualty insurance, or corporate risk management
- Proficiency in SQL/Oracle, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Access preferred
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills
- Work independently with little guidance while still meeting objectives
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal and consultative skills are required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent reasoning and analytical skills
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, French, Mandarin or other)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) certification preferred
This position may require that you hold a valid insurance license. Failure to pass the insurance license exam or an inability to obtain or maintain the required license(s) will result in forfeiture of the position.
If you are not currently licensed, but have taken and failed the insurance licensing exam or have otherwise been unable to complete the licensing application process you will not be considered for this position.
Asurion is one of the largest and fastest growing subscriber-based businesses in North America. We serve millions of wireless customers worldwide and are the industry leader in Handset Insurance Services, Warranty Management and Equipment Maintenance Services, Mobile Applications and Roadside Assistance Services. We offer end-to-end solutions. We create it, develop it, sell it and service it. Asurion has been recognized as Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year and as the Association for Corporate Growth's Emerging Growth Company of the Year. To learn more about Asurion please see visit us at www.asurion.com.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top