Sr Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Analyst, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis will fill a key role on Asurion’s Corporate FP&A team. The position serves as key analytical support to the entire team and provides analysis that gives a holistic, global perspective of the company to multiple levels of management.
In this role, he/she will support portions of a wide range of analysis, including corporate financial planning, development of the company’s annual and three-year business plans, monthly/quarterly/annual financial projections for key stakeholders, identification of value creation / investment opportunities, financial management, business case analysis, business scenario modeling, and other analytical requests and projects. The candidate will work in partnership with other members of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team as well as functions and businesses across the company to help drive financial and operational initiatives and actions required to achieve the annual and three-year business plans. The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial analysis skills, the ability to translate that analysis into actionable insights for the business, experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or corporate strategy, excellent business acumen, strong ability to lead and influence others, critical thinking proficiency, and solid communication skills. The candidate must be customer-centric, have strong interpersonal skills, be able to balance the demands of a rapidly-growing global company, and must be results-driven.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the development of the annual and three-year business plans for the company, including financial projections, operational and strategic initiatives, capital allocation, value drivers and levers, etc. Manage multiple data sources and maintain integrity of plan data in Excel and/or Hyperion Planning/HFM data repository.
- Support short-term and long-range financial planning, forecasting, analytics, and reporting in support of the enterprise. Superior forecasting and budgeting skills are critical, as is the ability to track progress against that forecast at a detailed level.
- Support the organization in evaluating the financial impacts surrounding strategic and operational business activities and opportunities.
- Work with FP&A leadership to address requests for financial and business case analysis. Support leadership in the approval, modification, or rejection of business cases or opportunities, including the pressure testing of proposals and understanding the expected performance, risks, and other assumptions. Help assess approved business case progress and track drivers to identify opportunities to improve company profitability.
- Work with FP&A leadership to drive cost management efforts into the organization to assure benefits are realized in a timely manner.
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
- 3-5 years of related business experience with demonstrated progression of responsibility or position, preferably in a high-growth or transformational environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, finance, or accounting. MBA and/or other professional certifications strongly preferred.
- Expertise in strategic planning and development and project management, preferably 2 years experience developing corporate, enterprise-wide 3-5 year financial plans in a fast-paced, medium to large-sized corporation.
- Hands-on leadership style with ability to drive projects to closure.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Solid financial planning, financial analysis, data mining, and modeling expertise. Strong Excel financial modeling skills are critical.
- The ability to consult and advise operating and corporate leaders on a range of issues related to financial performance, business planning, strategic opportunities, business case analysis, pricing, etc. The Senior Analyst should be able to perform the analyses, draw the insights from the data, and communicate key findings and opportunities with limited supervision.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skill, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, and HFM is desirable, but not required.
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity, who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions, and can deliver on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong commitment to meeting tight deadlines, under certain level of stress, self-motivation, and willingness to work afterhours as necessary
- An individual who is self-confident, competent, and independent. Willingness to take on related additional tasks and expand on current responsibilities with minimal direction
- Entrepreneurial appreciation; talent for leading change to achieve best results.
- Fits well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, and action-orientated analysts and managers with increasing responsibility and challenge.
- Professional and personal integrity beyond reproach.
- Ability to excel in working within an open, flexible, results-oriented, performance-based environment.
- Strong cross-functional, multi-level collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top