Sr Director, Financial Systems - Hyperion EPM
Job Title: Senior Director, Finance - Global Hyperion/EPM
Bring your experience to a consecutive 4-time Top Workplace in Nashville, Tennessee! At Asurion, we're helping our 300 million+ clients around the world unlock their technology's untapped potential by creating innovative technology solutions and comprehensive device protection. Asurion is an 8-Billion-dollar technology company and we're looking for collaborative and experienced game-changers to join our team. Sound like you? Send us your resume, we'd love to hear from you.
This key Finance leadership position leads Asurion's Global Hyperion/Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) team in roadmap strategy and execution, business adoption of processes and system, use and reporting standards, ongoing change management and intake, prioritization and delivery of continuous improvements to the Global Oracle Hyperion/EPM system. The Global Hyperion/EPM team will manage the single source of truth for financial data for all planning, forecasting, statutory and management reporting for the Global Asurion entity. This team will serve as primary liaison with the Americas, EMEA, APAC regional FP&A teams, as well as the Corporate FP&A team, to define, develop, execute and refine planning models based on a shared set of business drivers and KPIs to operate the global entity. The Senior Director of Global Hyperion/EPM will provide thought leadership in the development and ongoing refinement of planning models and the associated source data required to manage and operate those models. This role will also champion strategies for the development and education of Oracle Hyperion/EPM process expertise throughout the Global finance and accounting community.
The Global Hyperion/EPM team also works closely with the Corporate and Regional Controller teams to define, develop and deliver a wide array of reporting to support Board, Management and Statutory reporting needs. This will require management and oversight of highly sensitive information required to provide global Client and Product views of Asurion's Financial performance.
In close alignment with IT, the Senior Director of Global Hyperion/EPM will manage a team of business reporting resources accountable for designing, developing, testing and delivering reporting requirements to both Regional and Corporate constituents, including staff in Global regional offices who provide on-the-ground support for Regional CFO teams.
This position will work as a cross functional business partner and interface closely with senior Corporate and Regional business unit Finance leaders. The successful candidate will be able to succeed and thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced and often ambiguous environment, as well as possess the ability to apply his or her technical accounting and business know-how to real-world business problems and provide practical solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the global strategy and roadmap for Oracle Hyperion/EPM with input from regional and corporate finance and accounting teams Implement global Hyperion/EPM standards and processes for financial reporting and financial planning (FP&A) Own Global Hyperion/EPM change management and intake process Lead and develop a world class Global Hyperion/EPM team that excels at partnering with regions/businesses accounting and financial planning & analytics (FP&A) teams to help drive business insight and efficiencies
- Leverage Oracle Hyperion/EPM capabilities to drive innovation and sell business benefits to finance partners to drive adoption of innovations Effectively communicate Hyperion/EPM vision and strategy across all levels of finance Develop and maintain strong business partnerships among all finance departments at all levels Lead collaboration across the business to integrate systems with Oracle Hyperion/EPM where appropriate In partnership with IT, identify new/enhanced Hyperion/EPM technologies and solutions that can add value to the organization through efficiencies, speed, and/or richer business insight Provide continuous process improvement and business intelligence leadership to the business Support and help lead/manage all IT development projects related to Hyperion/EPM Support the company's strategic planning and annual financial budget/forecast and analysis through use of Oracle Hyperion/EPM tools and applications Interact positively and pro-actively between departments to promote a teamwork philosophy Promote the company's Core Values and adherence to those values
- Effectively supervises Oracle Hyperion/EPM personnel positioned globally ensuring optimal performance Provides leadership to Global Oracle Hyperion/EPM personnel through objective setting, delegation and communication of Asurion's global strategy Ensures that training and development needs are met and provides assistance and support as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably Finance, Accounting or Management Information Systems)
- MBA and CPA designations preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting and Financial Systems
- Ability to travel worldwide as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and requirements
- 10 or more years of senior level supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- 5 plus years' experience in leading Oracle Hyperion/EPM teams
- Demonstrated experience with complex, global business modeling utilizing Oracle Hyperion/EPM applications
- Deep knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Oracle Essbase and Hyperion Financial Management and related technologies in a global environment
- Strong PC skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Self-motivated individual having the ability to multi-task without missing deadlines
- Professional individual with a strong work ethic and is a demonstrated team player
- A self-directed individual with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and who adapts readily and easily to changes in priorities and business conditions
- An individual who is self-confident, competent, outgoing and independent with a straight forward, but not arrogant personality
- An individual that takes complete ownership of any project to ensure the successful completion of the project, but also collaborates with and brings other "owners" into the project
- Ability to hold people accountable without hurting relationships
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to develop trust between the accounting group and the operational and other finance areas of the Company
- Cultural awareness in dealing with all levels of coworkers on a global basis
Back to top