Sr. DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team to help us drive results throughout our organization. This role is a critical hire as we look to better understand our gaps in our operational and CI/CD practices. The ideal candidate will have a blend of patience, empathy, development and operational experience to drive collaboration with other DevOps engineers and cross functional teams to identify and build best practices. Experience in mentoring and an understanding the needs of developers/operations engineers they are working with is a must.
- Automate the deployment, configuration and management of cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Stay on top of the most relevant, industry leading technologies and techniques to ensure a streamlined, efficient and productive development and operational environment.
- Be an evangelist for emerging technologies and how they can help us grow.
- Mentor teams/individuals who are looking to grow their skillsets and evolve into high performing, outcome driven teams.
- Empathize with journey teams.
- Turn requirements gathering sessions into outcomes.
- Bringing in other business functions as necessary to build holistic pipelines.
- Proficient Public Speaker.
- BS in computer science or related; or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Linux/Unix administration.
- 4 years' experience with cloud service providers, particularly AWS.
- 4 years' experience with cloud monitoring technologies such as App Dynamics, New Relic, Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc.
- Experience with containers and optimization.
- Solid understanding and support micro-services architecture.
- 5 experience with automation/configuration management tools.
- 5 experience with build tools such as Jenkins, ANT, Maven, and Gradle including ground up implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing push button deployment at scale with zero downtime.
- Experience working in large or complex projects.
- Experience building CI and CI/CD pipelines from scratch. (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- DevOps evangelist with strong Test Driven Development (TDD) experience.
Desired Background / Experience:
- 5 years experience with systems and IT operations.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to code and script.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in business level English.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top