Sr. Billing Systems Analyst
The Senior Billing Systems Analyst is responsible for lifecycle management and analysis of reportsdesigned to monitor billing system accuracy, quality and detect errors. The Senior Billing Systems Analyst is a champion for the subscriber within Asurion, using analyticalskills and operational knowledge to resolve customer impacting issues and tohighlight opportunities to improve the billing and account managementexperience to the subscriber. The ideal candidate needs to possess a balancedbackground in operations, finance/accounting, and process improvement. Thecandidate should exhibit strong communications skills, business acumen, thecapability for analytical thinking, data analysis, and a drive forresults. Success in this role will bepredicated on the ability to manage a regular reporting cadence, perform dailyoperational tasks, test the delivery of new capabilities, be able to measureand analyze operational results and drive recommendations that can be easilyimplemented.
This position is located in the US and will support theEuropean billing operations including monthly subscription billing, fee billingusing direct debit and credit cards and refunds. This role will also be responsible for themonitoring, posting and reconciling daily cash activity for European programs. Theideal candidate should be attracted by the opportunity to have a significantimpact on an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing, and profitable business and tochallenge the limits of their professional skills. As a member of the SubscriberBilling team, you will contribute to Asurion’s overall product strategy; and,own monitoring and controls and billing quality reporting that pertain to theclient programs and projects that you support.
Responsibilities will include the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the Subscriber Billing Operations metrics, scorecard, and dashboard
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of Subscriber Billing Operations initiative reporting and analytics
- Ability to utilize multiple systems to provide resolution and perform root cause analysis on transactional data errors within Billing Operations processes
- Monitor and approve refund processing for Subscriber Billing including manual refunds, systemic refunds and Wire transfers
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement controls and enhance billing experience.
- Provide analytical expertise to support EU customer care and operational teams
- Quantify and monitor the progress of various Subscriber Billing Operations business initiatives such as, but not limited to: Automated processes, IVR & Web self-serve channels, Billing and Refund Policies, and E2E Billing Technology Solutions.
- Deliver and implement predictive innovative analytical projects in order to assist Subscriber Billing Operations in continuous improvements in all Customer and Internal facing channels such as care systems, web self-service, voice Self Service, subscriber A/R, DAX accounting and the customized tools.
- Respond to customer Care inquiries and escalations in a timely manner, leveraging research in the billing and customer care systems
- Participate in projects in collaboration with IT and other business partners on the design and development of billing processes and scenarios
- Recommend prioritization to the Subscriber Billing Operations team on improvements to the customer experience in billing within a multi-channel contact environment.
- Monitoring daily cash activity for deductibles, premiums and other subscriber fees collected for European programs
- Implement procedures for the preparation, recording, and reconciliation of the daily cash activity for the collection of deductibles, premiums and other subscriber fees for new program launches.
- Updating the subscriber accounts receivable system daily
- Assisting in the compilation and presentation of daily subscriber account receivable and cash in transit information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance,Economics, Mathematics or 5 – 10 years’ experience in a billing operationsrole, an analytic role, finance or accounting role
- Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of BACS and/or SEPA direct debit is aplus
- Project management skills to drive thecompletion of projects and initiatives
- A Senior Analyst who can collaborate and buildconsensus within cross-functional areas.
- Strong MS Excel skills (pivot tables, graphs,formulas, formatting and calculation) with the ability to perform some advancedfunctions and understand complex Excel models
- Excellent presentational and interpersonalskills – ability to provide insightful analysis and convincing arguments tosenior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to act semi-autonomouslyand offer innovative insight into business processes and platforms
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills,demonstrated ability to structure and perform analysis, strong skills inbilling/transactional reconciliation
- Strong experience in Business ProcessImprovement, Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt and/or Lean is preferred
- Insurance, wireless, call center, customerbilling experience is preferred
- A track record of increasing responsibility andsuccess in a similar entrepreneurial and high growth environment
- Quick study who can adapt readily and easily tochanges in priorities and business conditions
- Professional and personal integrity beyondreproach
- This position may require sitting for longduration (up to 8 hours per day). Somewalking and standing will also be required. This position also requires close vision, distance vision, color vision,depth perception peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focusvisually. This position requireseye-hand coordination and the ability to use hands to finger, handle or feeland to reach or grasp.
- This position will require periodic travel
- Flexible work schedule may be needed tocollaborate with peers across the world
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top