Sr. Billing Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst position is a position located within the U.S. but will support International Billing Operations; currently this includes Europe and Latin America. Responsibilities will include monthly subscription billing, fee billing using direct debit and credit cards, and refund processing. This role will also be responsible for the monitoring, posting and reconciling daily cash activity for multiple programs. As a member of the Subscriber Billing team, you will contribute to Asurion's overall product strategy as the owner of monitors, controls and billing quality reporting that pertain to the client programs. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for lifecycle management and analysis of reports designed to monitor billing system accuracy, quality and detect errors. The Senior Financial Analyst is a champion for the subscriber within Asurion, using analytical skills and operational knowledge to resolve customer impacting issues and to highlight opportunities to improve the billing and account management experience to the subscriber.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the Subscriber Billing Operations metrics, scorecard, and dashboard to ensure accuracy and timeliness of Subscriber Billing Operations reporting and analytics
- Utilize multiple systems to provide resolution and perform root cause analysis on transactional data errors within Billing Operations processes
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement controls and enhance billing experience.
- Deliver and implement predictive innovative analytical projects in order to assist Subscriber Billing Operations in continuous improvements
- Respond to customer Care inquiries and escalations in a timely manner, leveraging research in the billing and customer care systems
- Participate in projects in collaboration with IT and other business partners on the design and development of billing processes and scenarios
- Recommend prioritization to the Subscriber Billing Operations team on improvements to the customer experience in billing within a multi-channel contact environment.
- Project management skills to drive the completion of projects and initiatives
- A Senior Analyst who can collaborate and build consensus within cross-functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to act semi-autonomously and offer innovative insight into business processes and platforms
- Strong experience in Business Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt and/or Lean is preferred
- Insurance, wireless, call center, customer billing experience is preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or 5 – 10 years' experience in a billing operations role, an analytic role, finance or accounting role
This position requires the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. In addition, the ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is required.
This position requires proficiency in a variety of office applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
This positions requires advanced mathematical and statistical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret complex numbers, financial data and reports. The ability to apply such concepts to create reports and financial records and present them effectively is also required. Must be able to develop complex formulas to perform needed calculations and demonstrate how data was derived.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No additional certificates, licenses or registrations are required for this position.
The physical demands and working conditions of this position are similar to those found in a standard office environment. Employee may spend 4- 8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position.
SCHEDULE and TRAVEL
A flexible work schedule may be needed to collaborate with peers across the world. Some travel may be required on an individual project basis. Travel may include overnight stay at the work location.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top