SQA Analyst 3
Asurion is a $7B company that helps people around the globe balance the interdependence between life and technology. We build products that reach over 300M users through our partners--Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, DoCoMo and KDDI-achieving double digit revenue growth year over year for the past 5 years.
Asurion has more cutting-edge technology than you can imagine. But at our core, we're about people. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and invest in their growth through a culture of learning. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Software Automation Engineer is a functional expert in the field of software quality assurance and automated testing as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The position will perform test case automation, identify and analyze software defects, and generate related quality reports. Additionally, the Software Automation Engineer will assist with the creation and enhancement of test automation processes and procedures. The Software Automation Engineer will participate in all test automation related activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
- Develops automated testing scripts and code modules for testing automation
- Quickly and accurately performs troubleshooting and repair of existing test scripts
- Executes functional tests using automation tools and reports results using defined process and resources
- Reports defects using the defined reporting process
- Assists in integrating on-shore and off-shore automation code
- Assists with creation of automation processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion following established standards and techniques. Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Performs scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures
- Provides proper status notifications and updates
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of software application development and testing experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Proficiency with Cucumber-Selenium test automation tools
- Experience with service level or API level automation testing
- Experience with services testing and using automation tools like JMeter, SoapUI, Jasmine, Postman
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery. Jenkins automation experience is a plus.
- Experience operating in an Agile Scrum environment
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database structures
- Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems. Ability to work independently to remove roadblocks.
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, and analytical style using fact-based metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java, C#, HTML, XML, JS, CSS, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL and DBMS (e,g SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with automated performance or load testing
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools including JIRA, Confluence, and Crucible
- Proficiency in Release Management and Testing processes
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Experience testing applications in both Windows and Linux environments
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top