You're probably reading this on your smartphone or tablet. Maybe even a Mac or PC. Imagine what would happen if your tech broke, fell into the water, or crashed and stopped working? Panic. Scrambling. How do I fix it? What will it cost? FOMO sets in. Uncertainty about something that you touch, depend on, and practically co-exist with every day. We've all gone through the experience - or had nightmares about it.
Asurion understands technology and the role it plays in everyday life. We replace. We fix. We find. We solve. We keep people in the game. Available 24/7, we speak six languages and work across any device, platform, or provider to ensure 300 million global consumers' devices and appliances stay online and on the job. There's only one system like it on earth, built by Asurion - Life's Operating System.
Want to make a difference in people's connected lives and be a change agent? We're a technology company. But we're also an amazing group of people. We're a Great Place to Work (officially certified) and The Muse called us one of "16 Companies as Innovative as Apple."
We want team members who can see the world through that panic and scramble and create great customer experiences that make lives easier for millions of customers. We can call you Architect, Devops Engineer, Coder, Problem Solver, Analytical Thinker, Deployer, or whatever. Your value is determined the value you provide. If this sounds like you, then Asurion might just be the place for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with business, product and engineering members, set and articulate the implementation guidelines through solution architecture work products that usually span across several heterogeneous applications/platforms/systems.
- Build trusted relationships with product counterparts and be a technology partner who can help review and deliver product teams KPIs.
- Willing to get the hands on and roll up the shelves when required.
- Keep up with the industry trends and ability bring in new ideas to show/sell to the business/technology leaders as they fit to their objectives.
- Ability to perform data driven architecture/design trade off to bring consensus with the team.
- Be as trusted technology partner to business/product and engineering function counter parts.
- Ability to see the 'big picture' and rationalize the architecture decisions in alignment with business objectives and strategic objectives.
- Build solid working relationships with IT Operations, Security, and Enterprise Architecture teams to insure the team delivers secure, reliable and high performing products
- The Architect must give strong attention to detail and look for opportunities simplify/modernize/digitally transform the existing business processes.
- Maintains a manner of leadership and flexibility that diffuses pressure and promotes a positive team atmosphere.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
- 5+ year of experience in design/implementation with distributed applications
- 3+ year of experience in system design and application architecture experience.
- 2+ years of experience with architecting and developing with amazon web services (AWS)
- Proficient in one or more following skill sets: React.js, HTML5, CSS3, node.js, play framework, AB testing, UI Analytics, REST APIs, Machine learning.
- Experienced in full life cycle implementations and managing complex and concurrent project engagements on time and within agreed budgets
- Create a culture of fast and iterative technical assessment, implementation, and refinement / replacement. Not tied to any one solution, always identifying opportunities at new and better way to solving old problems.
- Experienced in platform migration, business transformation or technology migration projects
- Exceptional proactive follow-up & communication skills are mandatory
- Flexible & versatile to embrace change in a rapidly growing business
- Detail oriented, organized and comfortable working in both a team and independent environment
- Self-organized, self-motivated and assumes responsibility & ownership of projects
- Experience in migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal business and technology communities.
- DevOps experience in AWS cloud platform would be a plus.
- Any Architecture certifications from architecture bodies Open Group, IASA, SEI are nice to haves #LI-MW2
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top