Software Engineer Intern (Mobile/Platform)
The Software Engineer Intern will gain exposure to and worktoward functional competency in the field of software engineering as it relatesto the business objectives of Asurion. The position will code, test anddebug applications that meet system standards and functional/performancerequirements. The Software Engineer Intern will assist with theactivities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergencyrequests. The Software Engineer intern will maintain an understanding andwork to develop expertise of the functional processes used by Asurion.
Throughout the 10-week, 40hr/week internship, the internwill work with industry professionals and will receive training/guidance fromthese professionals on a weekly basis. If the intern performs wellthroughout the internship, there will be opportunities for fulltime employmentonce the intern graduates.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide deliverables in time sensitive projects.
- Proficient in one or more programming language i.e. Java/C#/C
- Knowledge/experience in some of the following preferred:
- Software Development & Analysis
- Mobile application development (e.g Android, IOS)
- Backend development: Cloud platforms (e.g AWS stack)
- C,C ,Java, Objective C, Swift
- OOD / OOP knowledge
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong internal customer service skills, ability to use tact and diplomacy, and to work effectively within a team (positive, process oriented).
- Computer Science (or related major), Mathematics
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards.
- Develops proficiency in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope.
- Develops proficiency in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope.
- Develops a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration.
- Assists with the compilation of status notifications for business stakeholders and Client Relations.
- Ensures code compiles with security policies and guidelines.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top